Post Thanks / Like

Default IELTS writing tasks (Can anyone grade for me?)

Many companies require their employees to wear a uniform at work. In what jobs do you think should people be required to wear uniforms? What are the disadvantages of wearing uniforms at work?

Many people are required to wear their uniforms while they are working because of the particular requirements of their jobs. These jobs usually involve in facing the public directly and serve different people everyday. Under such circumstances, it is annoying in some senses because people who wear uniforms are not allowed to do everything they want.

Some workers who work in a service sector may be required to wear uniforms. Some of these jobs are waiters/waitresses and hostesses, because the goal of their jobs is to serve the customers thus workers need to be neat and clean. For instance, on all the planes the hostesses are required to wear uniforms, in order to present a good image to the passengers on board.

Police officers and firefighters are required to wear uniforms. This is definitely paramount because they usually deal with emergency situations. For example, if a person is robbed then if he needs to find the police it is best that he can recognize the police officers without any problem. This is why uniforms are important for police officers and firefighters.

Although uniforms can not be absence in those positions discussed above, it may cause some problems as well. In other words, there are disadvantages to wear uniforms while at work. One of them is that the uniforms can not represent individuals but only the team or the department as a whole, therefore people who wear uniforms need to keep their nerves tight to avoid mistakes in their work, which is certainly not convenient at all. Another drawback is that the uniforms do not fit in every moment. For example, if it is raining hard it can be a tough time for police officers to patrol on the street.

In conclusion, the waiters/waitresses and hostesses are likely to wear uniforms, so do police officers and firefighters. The uniform is the symbol of their jobs therefore it is inevitable to wear uniforms at work. However, the disadvantages to wear uniforms are annoying as well because they may make the workers feel nervous when working and they do not help in every situation at work.

English-coach is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: IELTS writing tasks (Can anyone grade for me?)

Quote Originally Posted by gdzack View Post
      Many companies require their employees to wear a uniform at work. In what jobs do you think should people be required to wear uniforms? What are the disadvantages of wearing uniforms at work?

Many people are required to wear their uniforms while they are working because of the particular requirements of their jobs. These jobs usually involve in facing the dealing with the public directly and serving different people everyday. Under such circumstances, it is annoying for some because those who wear uniforms are not allowed to do everything they wish.

Some workers who work in the service sector may be required to wear uniforms. Waiters/waitresses and hostesses for example serve customers which means they need to be neat and clean. For instance, on planes hostesses are required to wear uniforms, in order to present a good image to the passengers on board.

Police officers and firefighters are also required to wear uniforms. This is definitely paramount because they usually deal with emergency situations. For example, if a person is robbed and needs to find the police it is helpful when the police can be identified without any problems. This is why uniforms are important for police officers and firefighters.

Although uniforms can not be absent in those positions discussed above, it may cause some problems as well. In other words, there are disadvantages to wearing uniforms while at work. One of them is that the uniforms can not represent individuals but only the team or the department as a whole, therefore people who wear uniforms are more stressed and worried about avoiding mistakes in their work, which is certainly not convenient at all. Another drawback is that the uniforms do not fit in every moment. For example, if it is raining hard it can be a tough time for police officers to patrol on the street.

In conclusion, waiters/waitresses and hostesses are likely to wear uniforms, so do police officers and firefighters. The uniform is the symbol of their jobs therefore it is inevitable to wear uniforms at work. However, the disadvantages of wearing uniforms are that they may make the workers feel nervous when working and they do not help in every situation at work.
    Good essay. I can't give you a grade cause I don't know the grading system for IELTS but I would say that you have written a stong essay. There are some mistakes with grammar (use of the gerand etc) but I think with continued practice you will do very well.

Keep doing this practise exercises to help you. :) Good work.

Diana
    IELT Essay Question to Help You Practice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: IELTS writing tasks (Can anyone grade for me?)

Quote Originally Posted by English-coach View Post
    Good essay. I can't give you a grade cause I don't know the grading system for IELTS but I would say that you have written a stong essay. There are some mistakes with grammar (use of the gerand etc) but I think with continued practice you will do very well.

Keep doing this practise exercises to help you. :) Good work.

Diana
    IELT Essay Question to Help You Practice.
    Thank you very much Diana. I will keep practising each day.

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello gdzack,

I think your English is very good. And I also enjoy the topic of your writing. May I join you? I mean I would like to write an essay of the same topic and post in the thread of yours for people's comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Hello gdzack,

I think your English is very good. And I also enjoy the topic of your writing. May I join you? I mean I would like to write an essay of the same topic and post in the thread of yours for people's comments.
    I don't mind. Welcome to post your essays here.

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gdzack View Post
    I don't mind. Welcome to post your essays here.
    Thank you, gdzack. You are nice. Well, I'll ask people to proofread your essay first. If they have time, and then comment on mine since I am not writing for preparing the test but just for improving my writing only.

Have a good day.