Post Thanks / Like

New IELTS essay, Thanks for any one making a comment

Some people think it is better to be self-employed. Other people say it is better to work for a company or institution. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Many consider that working for a company or organization is superior to self-employment. By way of contrast, others prefer the opposite way. In fact both of them have advantages and disadvantages although I personally believe that to work for oneís own is the best.

Starting their own businesses is the dream of many people despite the obstacles that they will need to overcome, because as self-employed workers they get many benefits. First of all, they can do things that they are interested at, rather than wasting time to do tedious jobs. Secondly, the time to spend on the work is more freely organized so that in some senses they can work anytime they wish. However, the drawback is that they do not get as much support as working for a company, because the resources for this kind of employment are usually limited.

Working for a company or organization is also a good way for those who like to follow the rules and do what they are asked to do. The advantages of this kind of work are enormous, such as good trainings and hefty compensation. Nonetheless, people who work in such environments can get bored in their job sooner or later because their tasks seldom change in a long period regardless how hard they work.

In conclusion, it can be very enjoyable either to work for yourself or to work for a company, although there might be some disadvantages in both of the two. Being an employee of a company or self-employed can be very exciting but in my point of view I prefer the latter because I am that kind of person who loves to work anytime he/she wishes and does the job he/she likes.

thod00 is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New IELTS essay, Thanks for any one making a comment

Many consider that working for a company, or organization, is superior to self-employment. Others take the opposite view. In fact, both of them have advantages and disadvantages. I personally believe that working for oneís self is the better choice.

Starting ones own businesses is the dream of many people, despite the many obstacles that it presents. The advantages of self employment are as follows. Firstly, one can choose which offers to accept, according to ones own interests, whilst avoiding those that one finds tedious. Secondly, one is able to manage ones own time, choosing both when and how much time to allocate to the tasks. The main drawback is that the support provided by a company is no longer available, and one must rely on ones own resources.

Employment is best suited to those who like to follow the rules and do whatever is asked of them. It offers the advantages of training and superior compensation. However, the work is often repetitive, and cannot be altered by working harder, this can lead to boredom.

In conclusion, my opinion is that both options are viable and the choice depends on the values of the individual. I choose self employment because that is the kind of person that I am. I enjoy being able to choose both the hours that I work, and the nature of the jobs that I take on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New IELTS essay, Thanks for any one making a comment

Quote Originally Posted by thod00 View Post
    Many consider that working for a company, or organization, is superior to self-employment. Others take the opposite view. In fact, both of them have advantages and disadvantages. I personally believe that working for oneís self is the better choice.

Starting ones own businesses is the dream of many people, despite the many obstacles that it presents. The advantages of self employment are as follows. Firstly, one can choose which offers to accept, according to ones own interests, whilst avoiding those that one finds tedious. Secondly, one is able to manage ones own time, choosing both when and how much time to allocate to the tasks. The main drawback is that the support provided by a company is no longer available, and one must rely on ones own resources.

Employment is best suited to those who like to follow the rules and do whatever is asked of them. It offers the advantages of training and superior compensation. However, the work is often repetitive, and cannot be altered by working harder, this can lead to boredom.

In conclusion, my opinion is that both options are viable and the choice depends on the values of the individual. I choose self employment because that is the kind of person that I am. I enjoy being able to choose both the hours that I work, and the nature of the jobs that I take on.
    Thank you thod00. I was always trying to be more concise and accurate when I wrote but it is so difficult without intensive practice.