Post Thanks / Like

Default Please give some comments on my IELTS writing task 2

Some people think that a new language should be invented for people from different countries to use for the international communication. To what extent do you think its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages?

There are so many languages around the world, thereby discouraging people from different regions or cultures to communicate with each other. To overcome this obstacle, some people propose to invent a new language which will be used as an “international language” among people who come from different areas. Although this proposal seems reasonable, I personally see more disadvantages than advantages inventing a new language.

First of all, a new language can not be accepted by people providing that it is not based on any culture. In addition, people are required to spend time to learn the grammars and the words of the new language rather than the history behind the language. As a result, the language can not hold too much information but simple ideas representing physical objects or behaviours.

Secondly, promoting a new language requires financial support and time, which is usually a very long period. For instance, even now there are many different languages in some countries such as China and India because it is financially unrealistic to teach people in poor areas another language. Although this might be achieved finally, it will just take as long as a hundred years or even more.

To sum up, although there are benefits such as encouraging people to communicate more with people from different areas and saving people’s time and efforts to learn many languages, inventing a new language for the international communication is not a good idea because the absent of cultural support as well as financial support. In my opinion it is totally a waste of time and money to invent a new language because its advantages can not outweigh its disadvantages.

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please give some comments on my IELTS writing task 2

Hello gdzack,

I am afraid that your writing might deviate the request of the argument. Please click the URL link and read the analysis of the requirement.

http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/as...tml#post435010

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please give some comments on my IELTS writing task 2

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Hello gdzack,

I am afraid that your writing might deviate the request of the argument. Please click the URL link and read the analysis of the requirement.

http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/as...tml#post435010
    Yes you are right. I was also thinking about that after I wrote it. sometimes I am confused with argument essays and discussion essays.