• Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation English expressions

Hello!

I am having some doubts in these following expressions! Please, help me doing my homework!

- "Celeb-watching has hit a new low with the news that the first shot that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's baby could reach up (...)". What does hit a new low mean?

- ... will think of nothing of spending a few euros, pounds, dollars or yens so as to witness the first photo of a child bound to be blessed in the appearence genes." What does bound to be blessed mean?

And finally...

- "the whole thing is starting to take on proportions of the return of the messiah." What does take on proportions of the return of the messiah mean?

Thank you :)
    Last edited by mffpc; 12-Feb-2009 at 21:09.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: English expressions

Quote Originally Posted by mffpc View Post
    Hello!

I am having some doubts in these following expressions! Please, help me doing my homework!

- "Celeb-watching has hit a new low with the news that the first shot that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's baby could reach up (...)". What does hit a new low meanx? achieved the poorest taste ever

- ... will think of nothing of spending a few euros, pounds, dollars or yens so as to witness the first photo of a child bound to be blessed in the appearence genes." What does bound to be blessed means? certain to be well-endowed

And finally...

- "the whole thing is starting to take on proportions of the return of the messiah." What does take on proportions of the return of the messiah means? become as important as the second coming of Jesus

Thank you :)
    [I edit copy and have tutored college writing.]