zorrot is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Question English problem with A+ certification Exams

Hi My first lenguage is Spanish and my Second lenguage is English. I'm in the IT field (Computer and systems), but I face a Problem understand English long sencenteces question and I missunderstand what the question is about. I took an exam that call A+ centification but my score was low. I studied 3 months but I confuse at the time I have to answer a question I am so slow to read those big question and I don't have too much time to meditate on the question to answer the best posible.I understand the IT books and I learn fast but I so disaponted witn me about this issue. This is an example on the A+ Exam use big question or explanetion:

A customer is insisting that you upgrade his laptop video card's RAM from DDR to Graphic-DDR. After a few attempts to explain to him that video RAM is not upgradeable, he pulls an ancient PCI video card out of his pocket showing you places where RAM can be added, goes through a long speech about the how he used to add RAM to his desktop's video card "back in the day," then accuses you of lying to him. You should:

A. Hand him back his laptop and refuse to do business

B. Pull the video card out of his laptop and show him that there's no place to upgrade RAM.

C. Go to a manufacturer's website and show him no one gives upgrade options.

D. Calmly and without taking it persomally tell him he's wrong.

I am so set abuot that I understand my books and the A+ questions I missunderstand and this is so frustrating for me as a ESL person.

What can I do I try some books but that it is not helpfull to me.

thanks to any teacher in advance. I really need too much help.

Soup is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: English problem with A+ certification Exams

One strategy is to scan for the phrases you know and underline the key words. For example,

A customer is insisting that you upgrade his laptop video card's RAM from DDR to Graphic-DDR. After a few attempts to explain to him that video RAM is not upgradeable, he pulls an ancient PCI video card out of his pocket showing you places where RAM can be added, goes through a long speech about the how he used to add RAM to his desktop's video card "back in the day," then accuses you of lying to him. You should:
    A. Hand him back his laptop and refuse to do business

B. Pull the video card out of his laptop and show him that there's no place to upgrade RAM.

C. Go to a manufacturer's website and show him no one gives upgrade options.

D. Calmly and without taking it persomally tell him he's wrong.

Hope that helps some.