• Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Précis writing

Dear teachers,
    Pl. help me by précis writing (8 to 10 lines only) without indicating table 1, table 2 & table 3.
    Cheers
    Rasna
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The trading report of Jan-2009 reveals that handling difference was 144.60 MT. However, arrival & channel wise dispatch analysis of Vegetables indicated the handling difference of 164.36 MT (Difference-137.19 + Dump-27.17).

Table-1 indicates produce wise difference in arrival & dispatch of vegetables. It is clear from the table that difference between arrival & dispatch is more in high value items like Beans (22.5MT), Beetoot (14.16MT), Carrot (12.92MT), Chilli (10.58MT), Coccinia (8.63MT), Cucumber (9.38MT), Ginger (5.74MT), Lemon (5.6MT), Pumpkin (6.58MT), Ridge Gourd (7.70MT), Tomato (22.15MT), etc. The produce wise detailed information is given in the enclosed sheet.

Table-2 reveals balance sheet of arrival & dispatch of Vegetables in the month of Jan-09. The opening stock was 15.25 MT and closing stock was 46.08 MT. Considering opening, closing & dumps quantity, net difference is found to be 137.19 MT.

Further Table-3 reveals the monitory loss. The approximate loss worked out to be in the range of Rs 9.86 Lakh to Rs 11.51 Lakh. As per the market value approximate losses will be Rs. 11.51 Lakh. However Finance department considered average vegetable payment Rs 6/kg. This will reveal overall losses of Rs 9.86 Lakh.
    Further I would like to bring surplus sale information for your kind notice.

The approximate losses worked out based on BL approved prices. Realization in surplus sales revealed that there is net loss of Rs. 4.31 Lakh during Jan-2009. It is important to note that we are sending surplus produce to DAVANAGERE & YESHWANTHPUR market. From this PNT has incurred loss of Rs 3.99 Lakh in Davanagere market and Rs 0.32 Lakh in Yeshwanthpur market. The produce sent to Davanagere market was 122 MT and net realized value is Rs 0.91 Lakh. Further we sent 15 MT of vegetables to Yeshwanthpur market with negative realization of Rs. 5336.

It is important to mention that between 3rd Jan to 14th Jan-2009, we realized negative value for the vegetables sent to Yeshwanthpur market. After this, what was the necessary to send vegetables again to this market? This wrong decision forced us to pay extra money along with loosing 15 MT of vegetables. Hence there is need to instruct concerned person in this regard.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Précis writing

Are you sure you were asked for a précis?

I could more imagine a boss asking, "Precisely what does all that mean?" Perhaps it has meaning to someone in the business, but it is tantamount to gobbledygook to the average reader.
    Last edited by David L.; 16-Feb-2009 at 06:18.

rmsh16 is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David L. View Post
    Are you sure you were asked for a précis?

I could more imagine a boss asking, "Precisely what does all that mean?" Perhaps it has meaning to someone in the business, but it is tantamount to gobbledygook to the average reader.
    Yes, I do agree that precisely what does all it mean, but, it need to be summarized and minute it. Will you pl. help me out in summarizing the same.

Ouisch is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll have to analyze the various tables and then summarize the amount and types of vegetables and fruit ("produce") received versus the amount shipped. It appears that the company is sending surplus produce to retail markets and is losing money in the process. They are asking why is there so much "surplus" produce? Why is it being sent to the retail markets at reduced prices? These are the facts you need to determine and include in your summary.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang on. You say 'summarized and minuted'. It is not up to the person taking the minutes to summarize documents tabled, but to record (1) that is was tabled (2) what comments the person who tabled it made, and what was decided e.g. to be read and discussed at the next meeting. The document then becomes part of the file/minutes of the meetings.