Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. SunMoon's Avatar

    • Join Date: Aug 2008
    • Posts: 197
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    Question I consolidated my experience... Is it correct?

    Is it correct to say: I consolidated my experience in the Italian market starting up....

    Does it make sense? I would use it after the starter where I wrote how long is my experience and where I developed it, using words such as 'gained', 'developed' and 'broad experience'.

    ???
    Last edited by SunMoon; 16-Feb-2009 at 16:42. Reason: Typo

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Jan 2009
    • Posts: 1,316
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: I consolidated my experience... Is it correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by SunMoon View Post
    Is it correct to say: I consolidated my experience in the Italian market starting up....No, it's unclear to me. How do you consolidate experience? And what does "market starting up" mean?

    Does it make sense? Somewhat. I would use it after the starter, where I wrote about what my experience is and where I developed it, using words such as 'gained', 'developed,' and 'broad experience."

    ???
    Try again. I think you're close.

    [I edit copy and have tutored college writing.]

  2. SunMoon's Avatar

    • Join Date: Aug 2008
    • Posts: 197
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Question Re: I consolidated my experience... Is it correct?

    First of all, Thank you for replying.

    The complete sentence should be:

    I have consolidated my experience in the Italian market starting up a new bank from scratch.
    Last edited by SunMoon; 17-Feb-2009 at 11:30. Reason: Typo

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 2,129
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Exclamation Re: I consolidated my experience... Is it correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by SunMoon View Post
    Is it correct to say: I consolidated my experience in the Italian market starting up....

    Does it make sense? I would use it after the starter where I wrote how long is my experience and where I developed it, using words such as 'gained', 'developed' and 'broad experience'.

    ???
    Is it correct to say: Yes, you can say this way: I have my experience in the Italian market consolidated and started up using the same to broaden it further.
    Does it make sense? Yes,
    .Now I can write how long is my experience and where I developed it. (using words such as 'gained', 'developed' and 'broad experience'.)

  3. SunMoon's Avatar

    • Join Date: Aug 2008
    • Posts: 197
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Question Re: I consolidated my experience... Is it correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by sarat_106 View Post
    Is it correct to say: Yes, you can say this way: I have my experience in the Italian market consolidated and started up using the same to broaden it further.
    Does it make sense? Yes,
    .Now I can write how long is my experience and where I developed it. (using words such as 'gained', 'developed' and 'broad experience'.)

    Thank you for replying.

    I think it changes sense to my sentence. In this way I understand from the sentence that my experience is consolidated and I started up to broaden it, which is different from what I am aiming. Maybe you did not notice my last post. However, I understand I can use the verb consolidate, I have just to find the right form. I would like to say that my experience is consolidated because I started up a company from scratch. So, could I say:

    I have my experience in the Italian market consolidated starting up a new bank from scratch.

    OR

    I have consolidated my experience in the Italian market starting up a new bank from scratch.

    AND can I use this different sentence

    I have consolidated my experience in IT management within a financial company of xxx group.

    What do you reckon?

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 2,129
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Exclamation Re: I consolidated my experience... Is it correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by SunMoon View Post
    Thank you for replying.

    I think it changes sense to my sentence. In this way I understand from the sentence that my experience is consolidated and I started up to broaden it, which is different from what I am aiming. Maybe you did not notice my last post. However, I understand I can use the verb consolidate, I have just to find the right form. I would like to say that my experience is consolidated because I started up a company from scratch. So, could I say:

    I have my experience in the Italian market consolidated starting up a new bank from scratch.

    OR

    I have consolidated my experience in the Italian market by starting up a new bank from scratch.

    AND can I use this different sentence

    I have consolidated my experience in IT management within a financial company of xxx group.

    What do you reckon?
    skp

  4. SunMoon's Avatar

    • Join Date: Aug 2008
    • Posts: 197
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Question Re: I consolidated my experience... Is it correct?

    THANK YOU!!!

    P.S.: What does 'skp' mean?

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 2,129
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8

    Exclamation Re: I consolidated my experience... Is it correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by SunMoon View Post
    THANK YOU!!!

    P.S.: What does 'skp' mean?
    Short form of my full name: Sarat Kumar Patnaik.

Similar Threads

  1. pls correct my letter(informal)
    By speed2 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-Feb-2008, 20:14
  2. Is it correct or not?
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-Jan-2008, 21:03
  3. Correct tenses?
    By Skyscraper83 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-Nov-2007, 19:04
  4. correct grammer?
    By mizlynnette in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-Oct-2005, 18:01
  5. please help me correct gramatical errors
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-Aug-2004, 08:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •