- For Teachers
I am doing a semantic research on these particular words. I would really appcreciate some help from native speakers. Could you please rate sentences according to a certain scale.
For your convenience I made it in a web-form.
Easy PHP form
Thank you very much! Comments are most welcome.
Thank you very much, xpert!
These links contain the best info on these words I ever found!
However, what I actually need is to conduct a survey. I have already some hypotheses, and they are quite similar to what is said about these words on forums. But these must be proven experimentally( using a poll of native speakers.
So, if you have some spare time, could you please fill in the form?) it would help really me...
1. a connection, association, or involvement.
2. connection between persons by blood or marriage.
3. an emotional or other connection between people: the relationship between teachers and students.
4. a sexual involvement; affair.
1. an existing connection; a significant association between or among things: the relation between cause and effect.
a. the various connections between peoples, countries, etc.: foreign relations.
b. the various connections in which persons are brought together: business and social relations.
c. sexual intercourse.
3. the mode or kind of connection between one person and another, between an individual and God, etc.
4. connection between persons by blood or marriage.
5. a person who is related by blood or marriage; relative: his wife's relations.
6. the act of relating, narrating, or telling; narration.
7. Law.a principle whereby effect is given to an act done at one time as if it had been done at a previous time.
a. a property that associates two quantities in a definite order, as equality or inequality.
b. a single- or multiple-valued function.
9. in or with relation to, with reference to; concerning: It's best to plan with relation to anticipated changes in one's earnings.
Relation has more meanings than Relationship.