Fabby is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

How I spend my holiday (President's Day)?

this is my journal. Can someone please read it for me and check the grammar and punctuation. Basically, everything. Thank You I appreciate that

On Monday, I woke up to the smell of French toast wafting its way up the stairs, and when I woke up from an after breakfast nap. I had work. It really was not a bad day of work though--I got in at 10:00 AM and was gone by 3:00 PM so it was a perfectly lovely schedule, and my few bad apples weren't there, so I actually had a lot of fun.
    I kicked off my day by trying out Mexican restaurant, Zuzu Handmade Mexican Food I already have a favorite tiny little Mexican restaurant Pueblo Solis, but I'm thrilled to have another tasty option closer to home. The prices were a drop higher than my favorite hole in the wall, but I think I will definitely be making a return visit. After an amazingly food, I had my turn to work on homework. I did my business law and accounting home work which was easy. Later, I had my dinner which was fish sandwich and then I brush my teeth and pray to God that I will have a good day tomorrow. Overall, after I am done with everything I went to bed at 10:00 Pm and it was a great day for me since I got everything done.

pyoung is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How I spend my holiday (President's Day)?

Dear Fabby:

Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    this is my journal. Can someone please read it for me and check the grammar and punctuation. Basically, everything. Thank You I appreciate that

On Monday, I woke up to the smell of French toast wafting its way up the stairs. [You may wish to add a sentence indicating that you ate breakfast.] and When I woke up from an after-breakfast nap, I had [to go to (?)] work. It really was not a bad day, of work though--I got in at 10:00 AM and was gone by 3:00 PM so it was-- a perfectly lovely schedule, and my few bad apples weren't there, so I actually had a lot of fun.
    I kicked off my day[I thought your day began with the smell of French toast--to 'kick off' something means to begin it. Perhaps you mean, 'I kicked off my evening'] by trying out a Mexican restaurant, Zuzu Handmade Mexican Food. I already have a favorite tiny little Mexican restaurant, Pueblo Solis, but I'm thrilled to have another tasty option closer to home. The prices were a dropa bit* higher than my favorite hole in the wall, but I think I will definitely be making a return visit. [After an amazingly food, -- this doesn't make sense; what do you want to say?]I had myIt was my turn to work on homework. I did my business law and accounting homework which [was] [were] (depends on whether you are saying the homework was easy or, the accounting and business law work were easy. Later, I had my dinner which was a fish sandwich. and then I brushed my teeth and prayed to God that I will would have a good day tomorrow. Overall, after I am done had finished with everything, I went to bed at 10:00 PM. and It was a great day for me, since I got everything done.

*Even though I knew what you meant, I replaced 'drop', because it also means to fall from a height, or to let something fall from a height ('I dropped my wallet'). So, since the prices were higher (an upward movement), it seemed awkward to use the word drop to describe them.
    What a lovely day you had!

All best wishes,

Petra