semirus is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Review Dr.House - Preparation for FCE Writing

Hi all, I'm preparing for FCE in March and I've just written that review. I hope someone could bring up some time to have a look at it an give me some advice if possible. Is that what's required in the FCE? Thanks a lot.
    Review - House season five

House season five has just been broadcast in the U.S. and now it has started in Switzerland too. I would like to review the first episode of the fifth season and give my opinion to the start of the season.
    House is a sarcastic and misanthrope doctor who believes that everyone lies. Hugh Laurie suits the character of a House very well. Season five starts as every episode does with a person who's got an unusual illness which has to be diagnosed. Houses' new team tries to figure out what its causes are and in between House doesn't really care about that. Although the patient would die if he wouldn't help, his friendship to Wilson is more important to him.
    Will his good friend stay at the hospital or leave House alone? That is the question which is going to be answered in the recommendable, new, exciting and amusing fifth season of House.

(158 Words)

thod00 is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review Dr.House - Preparation for FCE Writing

House season five has just been broadcast in the U.S. and now it has started in Switzerland too.
    I have never heard of this, I am ignorant, but so are many of your readers. I assumed you were talking about houses. Is the show called 'House' or 'House season five'? What series is being shown in Switzerland, series 1 or 5?

'House' is a popular TV show. It is currently in its fifth season of broadcast in the US. The early episodes are now being broadcast in Switzerland.

I would like to review the first episode of the fifth season and give my opinion to the start of the season.
    You would like to, or you will?
    The only season you have mentioned is season five. I assumed you meant that you will give your opinion on the previous four seasons, but you don't do so.

This article considers the characters developed in the previous seasons and gives an overview of the first episode of season five.

House is a sarcastic and misanthrope doctor who believes that everyone lies. Hugh Laurie suits the character of a House very well.
    House is a sarcastic and misanthropic doctor who believes that everyone lies. Hugh Laurie, the actor in the role of House, plays his character very well.

Don't assume I know what a 'Hugh Laurie' is.

Season five starts as every episode does with a person who's got an unusual illness which has to be diagnosed.
    Season five starts, as every episode does, with a person with an unusual illness requiring diagnosis.

The "as every episode does" is an optional clause. The sentence still makes sense without it. You indicate this by using commas.

Houses' new team tries to figure out what its causes are and in between House doesn't really care about that.
    It is not Houses', he isn't called Dr Houses. The possessive is House's.

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review Dr.House - Preparation for FCE Writing