kkche Guest

i just edited my body paragraph. can i some correct it and make it better?

Reading was the most interesting part of ESL 828. There were eleven reading articles during this semester. Those articles were very interesting because they were about other people's experiences. I learned how to be an active reader in this class. It just likes a movie’s preview. For being an active reader, before I read I have to look around the title, pictures, and captions, first and last sentence. It helped me to create a “big picture” of the article that made me understand articles more easily. I also improved my vocabulary by reading articles, because there were a lot of new words in those articles. I not only improved my vocabulary, but I also learned something form some author’s experience. I very much enjoyed reading the article-A New Dawn. It was about a young Cuban Lester Moreno Perez’s escape story. Even though I didn’t agree with Lester’s decisions, but I still learned something from him, about a person who wants to succeed they have to be persistent. That’s what I learned from the article and how I improved by the reading.

AintFoolin Guest

Re: i just edited my body paragraph. can i some correct it and make it better?

"It just likes a movie’s preview" - It is just like a movie preview

"For being an active reader, before I read I have to look around the title, pictures, and captions, first and last sentence" - To be an active reader, I have to look at the title, pictures, captions and the first and last sentence before I even begin to read.

"It helped me to create a “big picture” of the article that made me understand articles more easily" - This creates a 'big picture' of the article that helps me to understand it better

"the article-A New Dawn" - the article "A New Dawn"

"It was about a young Cuban Lester Moreno Perez’s escape story" - drop the 'a'

if it was 'a young Cuban's escape story' the 'a' would be fine as it would be modifying 'Cuban', but since you put the name in there, you wouldn't say 'a Lester Moreno Perez'

"Even though I didn’t agree with Lester’s decisions, but I still learned something from him, about a person who wants to succeed they have to be persistent. That’s what I learned from the article and how I improved by the reading."

'even though' and 'but' don't go together, use one or the other, but not both

Even though I didn't agree with Lester's decisions, I still learned something from him. If a person wants to succeed, they have to be persistent.

kkche Guest

Re: i just edited my body paragraph. can i some correct it and make it better?

thanks AintFoolin!..u helped me alot of this essay....but i still have write one more body paragraph and the last paragraph .....so sad...