1. kay

diet/women siklus

When I chat with someone on the internet she said that she was in bad mood.when I suggest her to eat ice cream or chocolate she said that she hadn't eat that for a long time when I ask her Are you in your diet? she answer me with thats not called diet but women siklus.is there any sense of meaning betwen that.thanks

2. AintFoolin

Re: diet/women siklus

again, i had no idea, but by wielding the power of the google i made this determination:

it is an indonesian word

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kay
    When I was chatting with someone on the internet, she said that she was in bad mood. When I suggested she eat ice-cream or chocolate, she said that she hadn't eaten that for a long time. When I ask her, "Are you on a diet?" she answered with it's not called a diet. It's women's sickness. Is there any sense of meaning in that? Thanks
    Yes. She is referring to menstruation.

4. kay

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Yes. She is referring to menstruation.
    you means that diet also means menstruation?

• Post Thanks / Like

Kay you may want to read your pm. Let's not get into biology 101 - PMS - pre menstrual syndrom - hormon imbalance manifesting itself in different ways in women. Some get short tempered, some get food cravings, some get bloated, some have cramps, some lucky ones are spared these monthly inconveniences. In a nutshell - get out of their way for a couple of days!

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kay
    You mean that diet also means menstruation?
    Twostep, has given a fine definition of menstruation.

In answer to your question above, 'diet' does not mean mentruation. The word 'siklus' is incorrectly spelt. It should be sickness, or woman's sickness, which is also called mentruation.

You thought your friend was in a bad mood because she wasn't eating right, that she was on a diet, and she explained that she wasn't on a diet, that she was in a bad mood because of her period, mentruation, her monthly "woman's sickness".

Please look up the word mentruation in your dictionary.

[my bad mood] is not called a diet. It's [mentruation].