kkche Guest

Default pls help to correct my gammar and sentence....

Not only POV helped to give me ideas for my essay, but also drafting made me improve my writing and write my essay better. Drafting is a very important part of writing. We normally had 1-2 drafts before the final revision. It didnít like POV that only have about 10-20 minutes to finish. Draft was an out-of-class writing assignment. So I had enough time to write and proofread my draft before I turned it in. I had about 1 week time to write the draft. Teacher would correct my grammar and write me advises in the draft before she return it back to me. It was a very good idea that I could have a chance to fix and rewrite it before the final revision. So I could write a better essay, and also learn from the failure in my draft, then I wonít make the same mistake again. I remember that in my first mini-essay, I thought my draft was very good and didnít even need to change anything. After teacher read the draft and gave me advises, I found out that I still had mistake from the draft because of not enough thoughts and ideas from me. I fixed all problems and rewrote with my idea and thought in the final revision. Therefore, the final revision got a good grade. Thatís why drafting is very important in writing.

AintFoolin Guest

Default Re: pls help to correct my gammar and sentence....

> Not only POV helped to give me ideas for my essay

Not only did POV help to give me ideas for my essay, the drafting made me improve my writing so I could write my essay better.

> Draft was an out-of-class writing assignment. So I had enough time to write and proofread my draft before I turned it in.

. . . assignment, so i had . . .

or enough time to get others to proofread it, eh? ;)

"Teacher would correct my grammar and write me advises in the draft before she return it back to me."

The teacher . . . advice . . . (advise is a verb, advice is a noun) . . . she returned it . . .

"It was a very good idea that I could have a chance to fix and rewrite it before the final revision. So I could write a better essay, and also learn from the failure in my draft, then I wonít make the same mistake again."

I was very happy to have a chance to fix mistakes and rewrite it before the final revision. This enabled me to write a better essay and learn from my mistakes so I didn't repeat them.

"gave me advises" - advice

"still had mistake from the draft" - mistakes in the draft (at least i think that's what you're trying to say)

"fixed all problems" - all the problems

"with my idea and thought" - with more of my ideas and thoughts (again, I think that's what you're trying to say, but I'm not sure)

there were lots of awkward sentences, but i mainly just focused on the grammar