lizbet is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post what makes a good book?

i have an assignment for English and is to write down an essay about what makes a good book and evaluate it with anybook i think is a good book. so i wrote about the story tuck everlasting. i dont think the essay is that bad and has it pretty well organize but i would like if a teacher in this community can go over my essay and tell me whats wrong and how i can make it a good essay. i will appreciate the help. Thank You!!

What is that, that makes a reader choose a good fiction book? When readers decide to pick up a fiction book he/she is looking to go through a adventure that will create an irresistible feeling to keep reading the story. In fiction, most often the readers look for adventures, action, passion, suspense and experience the story themselves. They want to read the first paragraph and know that is going to be a great book. Also a good fiction book would bring the reader into the new adventurous world of the writer. Writers bring their magical adventures to life in their books. The writer of a good fiction book should have the reader feel like they are the character and feel how they are feeling. There is many things that make up a fiction book but only a magical adventure, a great plot and teach about making the right decisions makes a good fiction book.

The first thing that should be found in a good fiction book is an adventure that would take the reader to a new world. An adventure means an exciting experience, to venture, take a chance or to just take a risk. Tuck Everlasting is an enchanting adventure about one girl's magical summer that will caught any age eyes. Tuck Everlasting is a story about a fifteen year old girl name Winnie that runs out to the woods wanting to escape from her mother rules. While in the woods she meets a seventeen year old boy name Jesse Tuck and falls in love with him. Later after being kidnapped by Jesse parents Winnie founds out the Tuck family has a secret, they had drink the spring water making them eternally the same forever. Winnie has to stay with the Tucks so they can be sure she wont talk about their secret. Soon Winnies and Jesse love gets stronger and stronger leading Winnie to choose between living life how it should be live or drink the water from the spring. Having a great adventure in the story also leads to the need for the story to have a great plot to be a good fiction book.

To have a really good plot the writer has to keep the reader close to the book. Meaning the writer has to keep the reader guessing who or what the final decision would be at the end. While the reader reads make him/her think they about to find the answer or who did it then a huge twist happens and the story keeps on going. Have the readers question themselves about what can possibly happen next. In Tuck Everlasting the man in the yellow suit finds the Tuck family and tells them that know he has prove to tell the world about them and use the spring water to become rich. The Tucks knowing that being able to live for ever is not as good as it sounds like. So when the me in the yellow suit tries to leave Mae hits him in the head with a rifle and kills him. Then not even five minute from that Winnies dad gets there and arrest the Tucks. They were sent to jail to be killed the next morning in front of everyone. Meaning the whole town would know they couldn’t die and find out about their secret. In this point the reader question him/her self “Would everyone find out about the spring water?“ “Would everyone be able to live for ever in this story?“ But a little before morning Winnie goes and distracts the officer and helps the Tucks escape. Before they left Jesse told Winnie when she turn seventeen to go to the spring water and wait for him there. Winnie must know choose to live how she should live or drink the water to be forever with Jesse. In this point the reader would question him/her self, “Does Winnies strong love for Jesse make her choose to drink the spring water?” “How would Jesse react with Winnies decision?” This questioning leading the reader to keep on turning the pages to find the answers of their questions. When the reader is in the last pages the story starts to be more open and start answering the reader questions.

When reading a book that have the reader questioning the reader learns from the way the character is deciding. So what is the best way that in a good book to teach reader to make the right decision. Teaching the readers to make the best decision makes a good fiction book. Because how great would a book be with a magical adventure the reader bringing the story to life and learning something from it? Tuck Everlasting does, the reader questions him/her self such question like, “Would Winnies strong love for Jesse make her decide to drink the spring water?”. In this story Angus has a talk with Winnie to tell her about how nature just is. Things are meant to change through life and in some point die. Also says that people would do anything to live for ever but for ever is just not meant for humans because later they would just be like rocks stock in the stream. Angus ask her if she wants to look the same as that right second and never change. That before she thinks about the answer to know that dying is nothing to be afraid of because its just part of the cycle of life. After the Tucks leave town Winnie goes and plays with the spring water while she thinks about the decision Jesse proposed to her. But Winnie remembers about what Angus told her to not be afraid because life is the greatest thing that can happen to anyone. So Winnie decides to grow, experience, love, be a great wife and mother, but most important live life to the fullest.

A good fiction book has to take the reader to a magical adventure they never thought they could go through. For instance, take them to a new world of thing wont happen but they had dream of. The plot of the story has to have a great adventure but also a twist that would surprise the reader. Making the reader also jump in the book and feel like he/she is in the book experiencing every word of the characters in the story by bring it to life. While living the story question him/her self what is going to happen, who is it or what’s going to be the right decision. Tuck Everlasting has everything that makes a good fiction book because it has a romantic magical adventure with more than one twist that keeps the book going and teaches also the reader that dying is nothing to be afraid of because is part of the cycle of life.A book that would take the reader through a magical adventure with the greatest plot and teach you to make the right decision would be the best fiction book.

lizbet is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post what makes a good book? can someone plz help me make this essay be a good essay?

i have an assignment for English and is to write down an essay about what makes a good book and evaluate it with anybook i think is a good book. so i wrote about the story tuck everlasting. i dont think the essay is that bad and has it pretty well organize but i would like is someone in this community can go over my essay and tell me whats wrong and how i can make it a good essay. i will appreciate the help. Thank You!!

What is that, that makes a reader choose a good fiction book? When readers decide to pick up a fiction book he/she is looking to go through a adventure that will create an irresistible feeling to keep reading the story. In fiction, most often the readers look for adventures, action, passion, suspense and experience the story themselves. They want to read the first paragraph and know that is going to be a great book. Also a good fiction book would bring the reader into the new adventurous world of the writer. Writers bring their magical adventures to life in their books. The writer of a good fiction book should have the reader feel like they are the character and feel how they are feeling. There is many things that make up a fiction book but only a magical adventure, a great plot and teach about making the right decisions makes a good fiction book.

The first thing that should be found in a good fiction book is an adventure that would take the reader to a new world. An adventure means an exciting experience, to venture, take a chance or to just take a risk. Tuck Everlasting is an enchanting adventure about one girl's magical summer that will caught any age eyes. Tuck Everlasting is a story about a fifteen year old girl name Winnie that runs out to the woods wanting to escape from her mother rules. While in the woods she meets a seventeen year old boy name Jesse Tuck and falls in love with him. Later after being kidnapped by Jesse parents Winnie founds out the Tuck family has a secret, they had drink the spring water making them eternally the same forever. Winnie has to stay with the Tucks so they can be sure she wont talk about their secret. Soon Winnies and Jesse love gets stronger and stronger leading Winnie to choose between living life how it should be live or drink the water from the spring. Having a great adventure in the story also leads to the need for the story to have a great plot to be a good fiction book.

To have a really good plot the writer has to keep the reader close to the book. Meaning the writer has to keep the reader guessing who or what the final decision would be at the end. While the reader reads make him/her think they about to find the answer or who did it then a huge twist happens and the story keeps on going. Have the readers question themselves about what can possibly happen next. In Tuck Everlasting the man in the yellow suit finds the Tuck family and tells them that know he has prove to tell the world about them and use the spring water to become rich. The Tucks knowing that being able to live for ever is not as good as it sounds like. So when the me in the yellow suit tries to leave Mae hits him in the head with a rifle and kills him. Then not even five minute from that Winnies dad gets there and arrest the Tucks. They were sent to jail to be killed the next morning in front of everyone. Meaning the whole town would know they couldn’t die and find out about their secret. In this point the reader question him/her self “Would everyone find out about the spring water?“ “Would everyone be able to live for ever in this story?“ But a little before morning Winnie goes and distracts the officer and helps the Tucks escape. Before they left Jesse told Winnie when she turn seventeen to go to the spring water and wait for him there. Winnie must know choose to live how she should live or drink the water to be forever with Jesse. In this point the reader would question him/her self, “Does Winnies strong love for Jesse make her choose to drink the spring water?” “How would Jesse react with Winnies decision?” This questioning leading the reader to keep on turning the pages to find the answers of their questions. When the reader is in the last pages the story starts to be more open and start answering the reader questions.

When reading a book that have the reader questioning the reader learns from the way the character is deciding. So what is the best way that in a good book to teach reader to make the right decision. Teaching the readers to make the best decision makes a good fiction book. Because how great would a book be with a magical adventure the reader bringing the story to life and learning something from it? Tuck Everlasting does, the reader questions him/her self such question like, “Would Winnies strong love for Jesse make her decide to drink the spring water?”. In this story Angus has a talk with Winnie to tell her about how nature just is. Things are meant to change through life and in some point die. Also says that people would do anything to live for ever but for ever is just not meant for humans because later they would just be like rocks stock in the stream. Angus ask her if she wants to look the same as that right second and never change. That before she thinks about the answer to know that dying is nothing to be afraid of because its just part of the cycle of life. After the Tucks leave town Winnie goes and plays with the spring water while she thinks about the decision Jesse proposed to her. But Winnie remembers about what Angus told her to not be afraid because life is the greatest thing that can happen to anyone. So Winnie decides to grow, experience, love, be a great wife and mother, but most important live life to the fullest.

A good fiction book has to take the reader to a magical adventure they never thought they could go through. For instance, take them to a new world of thing wont happen but they had dream of. The plot of the story has to have a great adventure but also a twist that would surprise the reader. Making the reader also jump in the book and feel like he/she is in the book experiencing every word of the characters in the story by bring it to life. While living the story question him/her self what is going to happen, who is it or what’s going to be the right decision. Tuck Everlasting has everything that makes a good fiction book because it has a romantic magical adventure with more than one twist that keeps the book going and teaches also the reader that dying is nothing to be afraid of because is part of the cycle of life.A book that would take the reader through a magical adventure with the greatest plot and teach you to make the right decision would be the best fiction book

tareq10 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: what makes a good book? can someone plz help me make this essay be a good essay?

Quote Originally Posted by lizbet View Post
    i have an assignment for English and is to write down an essay about what makes a good book and evaluate it with anybook i think is a good book. so i wrote about the story tuck everlasting. i dont think the essay is that bad and has it pretty well organize but i would like is someone in this community can go over my essay and tell me whats wrong and how i can make it a good essay. i will appreciate the help. Thank You!!

What is that, that makes a reader choose a good fiction book? When readers decide to pick up a fiction book he/she is looking to go through an adventure that will create an irresistible feeling to keep reading the story. In fiction, most often the readers look for adventure[HTML]s[/HTML], action, passion, suspense and experience the story themselves. They start reading the first paragraph to know whetherthat it is going to be a great book or not, Also a good fiction book would bring the reader into the new adventurous world of the writer. Writers bring their magical adventures into life in their books. The writer of a good fiction book should have the readers feel as if they are the character and feel how they are feeling. There are many things that make up a fiction book but only a magical adventure, a great plot and teach about making the right decisions makes a good fiction book.

The first thing that should be found in a good fiction book is an adventure that would take the reader to a new world. An adventure means an exciting experience, to venture, take a chance or to just to take a risk. Tuck Everlasting is an enchanting adventure about one girl's magical summer that will caught any age eyes. Tuck Everlasting is a story about a fifteen year old girl named Winnie who runs out to the woods wanting to escape from her mother rules. While in the woods she meets a seventeen year old boy named Jesse Tuck and falls in love with him. Later after being kidnapped by Jesse parents, Winnie finds out that the Tuck family has a secret, they drink the spring water making them eternally the same forever. Winnie has to stay with the Tucks so they can be sure she won't talk about their secret. Soon Winnies and Jesse love gets stronger and stronger leading Winnie to suffer from dilemma between living life how it should be lived or drink the water from the spring. Having a great adventure in the story leads also to the need of having a great plot to be a good fiction book.

To have a really good plot, the writer has to keep the reader close to the book, Meaning the writer has to keep the reader guessing who or what the final decision would be at the end. the writer has to leave something to be discovered by the reader to think about reds make him/her think they about to find the answer or who did ,so a huge twist happens and the story keeps on going. Have the readers question themselves about what can possibly happen next. In Tuck Everlasting the man in the yellow suit finds the Tuck family and tells them that know he has proved to tell the world about them and uses the spring water to become rich. The Tucks know that, being able to live for ever is not as good as it sounds like. So when the me in the yellow suit tries to leave Mae he hits him in the head with a rifle and kills him. Then not even five minute from that, Winnies dad gets there and arrest the Tucks. They were sent to jail to be killed the next morning in front of everyone. Meaning the whole town would know they couldn’t die and find out about their secret. at this point the reader question him/her self “Would everyone find out about the spring water?“ “Would everyone be able to live for ever in this story?“ But a little before morning Winnie goes and distracts the officer and helps the Tucks escape. Before they left Jesse told Winnie when she turn seventeen to go to the spring water and wait for him there. Winnie must choose to live or to drink the water to be forever with Jesse. In this point the reader would question him/her self, “Does Winnies strong love for Jesse make her choose to drink the spring water?” “How would Jesse react with Winnies decision?” This questioning leading the readers to keep on turning the pages to find the answers of their questions. When the reader reaches the is in the last pages, the story starts to becomebe more open and starts answering the reader questions.

A good fiction book has to take the reader to a magical adventure they never thought they could go through. For instance, take them to a new world of thing wont happen but they had dream of. The plot of the story has to have a great adventure but also a twist that would surprise the reader. Making the reader also jump in the book and feel like he/she is in the book experiencing every word of the characters in the story by bring it to life. While living the story question him/her self what is going to happen, who is it or what’s going to be the right decision. Tuck Everlasting has everything that makes a good fiction book because it has a romantic magical adventure with more than one twist that keeps the book going and teaches also the reader that dying is nothing to be afraid of because is part of the cycle of life.A book that would take the reader through a magical adventure with the greatest plot and teach you to make the right decision would be the best fiction book
    unfortunately, I don't have enough time to complete the rest
    take care of your writing.
    notice: in literature use the present tense not the past
    when you talk about single person keep so. don't jump into using plural
    E.G reader v.s readers

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: what makes a good book?

Perhaps:
    What makes someone want to read a fiction book? Is it a desire to vicariously live an adventure?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is good:
    In fiction, most often readers look for adventure, action, passion, and suspense. They also want to be able to identify with the main character so they can vicariously experience the story.

lizbet is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: what makes a good book? can someone plz help me make this essay be a good essay?

Thank yOu alot. with ur help i will recieve a better grade. .yey thanks

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizbet View Post

There are many things that make up a fiction book, but only a magical adventure, a great plot and lessons about life makes a good fiction book.

The first thing that should be found in a good fiction book is an adventure that would take the reader to a new world. An adventure means an exciting experience, to venture, take a chance or to just take a risk. Tuck Everlasting is an enchanting adventure about one girl's magical summer that will caught any age eyes. Tuck Everlasting is a story about a fifteen year old girl named Winnie who runs out to the woods wanting to escape from her mother's rules. While in the woods she meets a seventeen year old boy name Jesse Tuck and falls in love with him. Later, after being kidnapped by Jesse's parents Winnie finds out that the Tuck family has a secret: drinking from the spring water makes them eternally young. Winnie has to stay with the Tucks so they can be sure she won't talk about their secret. Soon Winnie's and Jesse's love gets stronger and stronger, leading Winnie to choose between living life the way it shoud be lived and drinking the water from the spring.