anlomaju11 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Can someone correct my vacation letter, Please

To whom it may concern,
    I would like to request an extended annual leave; it starts on 6th of July and lasts till 20th of August. This will include all my paid holidays and I understand that the remaining days are unpaid. I request this holiday because Iím planning to travel back to my country, to compensate the expensive fare I want to stay there at least for 6 weeks.
    Thank you for your consideration!

Monticello is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can someone correct my vacation letter, Please

Quote Originally Posted by anlomaju11 View Post
    To whom it may concern,
    I would like to request an extended annual leave; it starts on 6th of July and lasts till 20th of August. This will include all my paid holidays and I understand that the remaining days are unpaid. I request this holiday because Iím planning to travel back to my country, to compensate the expensive fare I want to stay there at least for 6 weeks.
    Thank you for your consideration!
    Hi anlomaju11,

If you are requesting a leave of absence, you should first find to whom within the Human Resource Department of your organization you should address your letter. (Usually the person who reviews such requests is an officer of the company and the director of the department.) Once you know to whom you need to write this letter, address the letter directly to that person:

[Date of letter]

Mr. (or Ms.) Soandso
    Title of this Person [e.g., Director of Human Resources]
    XYZ Company

Dear Mr. (or Ms.) Soandso:

Please be advised that I hereby request a six week leave of absence, commencing 6 July, 2009 and ending 20 August, 2009. The purpose of my extended leave is for visiting to my native country.

I understand that I will be compensated for all paid holidays occurring within the duration of the requested leave of absence; all remaining days within the leave of absence will be uncompensated.

Thank you for your consideration and any further advice you may have concerning this request.

Sincerely,

(signature)

Your Name

thod00 is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can someone correct my vacation letter, Please

Dear Personnel Manager,

I request permission to take an extended leave of absence from 6th July until 20th August this year. I have accumulated holiday entitlements which should partially cover this period. I understand that the additional days requested shall be unpaid. I intend to use this leave to travel to my homeland and the economics of the trip demand an extended stay.
    Last edited by thod00; 02-Mar-2009 at 23:08. Reason: i prefer montecello version