Thread: Island problems

Post Thanks / Like

Island problems

I would be really grateful if anyone checked those sentences:

The inhabitants of the island can relish the taste of the morning coffee for a couple of hours. What is more, they donít mind that their coffee has gone cold or that the glass has become empty.
    The atmosphere of the Kafenion is soothing, though sipping my coffee I can hear a fierce debate on the European Union an structural funds. Quite surprising!
    Itís almost noon and the sunís warmth fills the day although the astronomical autumn has already started. Now I see why Rhodes has been called the Sun Island. There are nearly 270 sunny days in a year, actually, there are even 300 of them according to some statistics.
    Thanks in advance:)

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Island problems

Quote Originally Posted by she's_a_rebel View Post
    I would be really grateful if someone could/would check these sentences:

The inhabitants of the island can relish the taste of their morning coffee for a couple of hours. What is more, they donít mind that their coffee has cooled or that the cup/glass is empty.
    The atmosphere of the Kafenion is soothing, though sipping my coffee I can hear a fierce debate on the European Union and structural funds. Quite surprising!
    Itís almost noon and the sunís warmth fills the day although the astronomical autumn has already started. Now I see why Rhodes has been called the Sun Island. There are nearly 270 sunny days in a year, actually, there are even 300 of them according to some statistics.

Thanks in advance:)

Post Thanks / Like

Is it written in a correct way now? Does it sound probable and natural for a native speaker of English? Please, be honest and cruel if you don't like it.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not regard the phrase "astronomical autumn" in any way natural. "Autumn" is quite ok on its own.

"It is almost noon, yet despite the autumn having started, it is warm from the sun, evidence of Rhodes's reputation for long summers - up to 300 sunny days every year".

Post Thanks / Like

Dziękuję = thank you :)

Post Thanks / Like

One more question. Which form is correct: "debate on" or "debate about"?