• Post Thanks / Like

please advice me about this letter Thanks

Topic :A letter about application for a job

Dear Sir/Madam,

Refer to your advertisement in “Daily herald” newspaper ,I write this letter to send my application for electrical engineer job position.

You could kindly find my resume included with copy of my documents. Here it is a summary :

Education : I have graduated from Princeton university ,in electrical engineering with average mark of “A”.My thesis is ,”commissioning of 230 kv substations”.

Training : for completing professional training ,after graduating ,I had been participate in ,8 month course , for “electrical power system design” at ministry of energy training center ,and earned appropriate certificate.

Job experience:
    1-working as electrical engineer,responsible for a design and engineering office,in Hala electric co.
    2-working as engineering manager ,control and directing all planing and design in Wada electric distribution co. since 2004 up to now.

after reading that job description ,I sure that could fulfill all the job requirements

I looking forward to hearing from you

yours sincerely,

John williams

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: please advice me about this letter Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salza View Post
    Topic :A letter about application for a job

Dear Sir/Madam,

Refer to your advertisement in the “Daily Herald” for an electrical engineer job position, I am interested in this position and am applying for it. My resume is attached.

Education : I graduated from Princeton University with a degree in electrical engineering with average mark of “A”. My thesis was on the topic "Commissioning of 230 kv substations”.

Training : After graduation, I participated in an 8-month course on “electrical power system design” at the Ministry of Energy training center [state location] ,and earned appropriate certificate.

Job experience:
    1- Electrical engineer responsible for a design and engineering office at Hala Electric co.
    2- Engineering manager, controlling and directing all planning and design for Wada Electric Distribution co, 2004 to the present.

after reading that job description ,I sure that could fulfill all the job requirements

I looking forward to hearing from you

yours sincerely,

John Williams

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

May I suggest the following additional edits:

Dear Sir or Madam:

In reference to Refer to your advertisement in the “Daily Herald” The Daily Herald for an electrical engineer job position the position of Electrical Engineer, I am interested in this position and am applying for it. My resume is attached.

Education: I graduated from Princeton University with a degree in electrical engineering with an average mark of “A”. My thesis was on the topic "Commissioning of 230 kv Substations”.

Training: After graduation, I participated in an 8-month course on “electrical power system design” at the Ministry of Energy Training Center [state location], and earned an appropriate certificate.

Job experience:
    1- Electrical Engineer responsible for a the design and engineering office at Hala Electric Co.
    2- Engineering Manager, controlling and directing all planning and design for Wada Electric Distribution Co., 2004 to the present.

after reading that I have carefully reviewed the above referenced job description as it relates to my work experience, I sure and I am confident that I could fulfill you will find me to be a candidate who is capable of fulfilling all the job requirements all the roles and responsibilities for this position.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

yoursYours sincerely,

John Williams
    Last edited by Monticello; 04-Mar-2009 at 05:11.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi salza,

One final thought: The ultimate purpose of your letter should be to invite an interview. Ask and ye shall receive, as the old saying goes.

To this end, may I suggest that your second to last paragraph read as follows (with the additional key sentence displayed here in red):

I have carefully reviewed the above referenced job description as it relates to my work experience, and I am confident you will find me to be a candidate who is capable of fulfilling all the roles and responsibilities for the position you have advertised. I would very much enjoy talking with you about employment opportunities at [XYZ Company] in the position of .Electrical Engineer.