negandhimehul is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please judge and give a Band score for the letter

Your neighbours recently written to you to complain about noise from your houseflat.

Write a letter to them, In letter:-

• explain the reasons for the noise
    • apologise
    • describe what actions you will take

My attempt:-

Dear Wrights,

I would hereby like to apologise for having caused disturbance in the neighborhood. Am sure that the nosie form my houseflat could have been very annoying for you and other tenants in the neighborhood.

As you must be aware this is a firt from my side and the readon for it is a genuine one. I have been assigned the task of watching documentary films for the final report of my part-time MA class. Since i work fulltime in the day time, i have no other choice but to finifsh the assignment in the evenings and late night. For some reason i didnt realise the noise would be causing disturbance to all in neighborhood.

I would like to assure you that you will not get any more noise form my houseflat as i would buy myself earphones which i would use henceforth while doing my movie assignment.

I regret any inconvenience I may have caused with all the noise and assure you a quite ambience henceforth.

Yours faithfully,
    Mehul

thod00 is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please judge and give a Band score for the letter

I dont like it. You have the name of the person who sent you the letter, so that is what you use in the reply. I wouldn't address them as "Dear Wrights", maybe "Wright Household". I am not keen on your opening sentence either. "I hereby" sounds a bit too formal.

Dear Mr Wright,

In regard to your letter. I deeply regret any distress that the noise may have caused you, or your family, and I undertake not to repeat this in future.

Thats your apology done. Since we have to explain the reason, we can do that next.

As you must be aware this is a firt from my side and the readon for it is a genuine one. I have been assigned the task of watching documentary films for the final report of my part-time MA class. Since i work fulltime in the day time, i have no other choice but to finifsh the assignment in the evenings and late night. For some reason i didnt realise the noise would be causing disturbance to all in neighborhood.
    A lot of information there, hey buddy, I dont care about your life. I certainly dont care about your homework or how it complicates your life. So keep it sweet and simple.

The noise was due to my watching documentaries as part of my college course. I didn't realize it could be heard outside my apartment.

You solution is reasonable enough.

I shall prevent a recurrence by using headphones from now on

negandhimehul is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please judge and give a Band score for the letter

First thing first, i am really thankful to you for checking my letter, your inputs are certainly of great help.
    I did realise the reasoning being a bit too personal for the neighbor's interest, however just went on to use it to gain some words.
    Lastly,what would be your band score for the letter, if you were to check my letter in the actual exam?
    I need to make a band 7in writing for my immigration case to be successful.
    Thanks once again for your inputs.