tommy5 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cover letter, please give me advice

Hi,

I am a student from Germany who is applying for an internship abroad.
    Therefore I have designed a cover letter. Because English is not my mother-tongue, I fear that my translation is not quit good.
    I would be very grateful if a native seaker could have a look at it.

Thank your very much!
    ----------------------------------------
    Dear XXX,

Application for an internship at XXXX in the USA

Since October 2007 I am studying business administration and engineering at the University XXX (Germany).
    Due to the academic regulations I have to complete an internship in the fifth semester.

By the publication of the university I found out, that former students could gain insight in working routine in terms of internships at XXXX.
    After further information about your business areas as well as your high quality standards, I am very interested in collecting practical experience in your company.

For that reason, I am applying for an internship between September 2009 and February 2010 with duration of 20 weeks.

According to my personal interests and the guidelines of the academic regulations, the collaboration should be placed in one of these departments:

• Controlling
    • Accounts department
    • Purchasing and distribution
    • Marketing
    • Material Management, Logistics
    • Production planning and control

Within an internship at the XXX, I was employed in a technical division and so I want to get to know the commercial aspects.

Between the second and the third semester I spent my semester break with the aid of “The Training Partnership Limited” in Great Britain and thereby I could improve my languages skills and collect cultural and working experience.
    I want to upgrade these impressions with another stay abroad, therefore I am applying for an internship in the United States of America.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
    If you wish to receive any more information, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above E-Mail address.

Yours sincerely
    ----------------------------------------------

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: cover letter, please give me advice

Quote Originally Posted by tommy5 View Post
    Hi,

I am a student from Germany who is applying for an internship abroad.
    Therefore I have designed a cover letter. Because English is not my mother-tongue, I fear that my translation is not quit good.
    I would be very grateful if a native seaker could have a look at it.

Thank your very much!
    ----------------------------------------
    Dear XXX,

Application for an internship at XXXX in the USA

Since October 2007 I have been studying business administration and engineering at the University XXX (Germany). Due to the academic regulations I have to complete an internship in the fifth semester.

Through information provided by the university, I have found out, that former students could gain insight into working routine through internships at XXXX.
    After finding further information about your business areas as well as your high quality standards, I am very interested in collecting practical experience in your company.

For that reason, I am applying for an internship between September 2009 and February 2010 with a duration of 20 weeks.

According to my personal interests and the guidelines of the academic regulations, the collaboration should be placed in one of these departments:

• Controlling
    • Accounts department
    • Purchasing and distribution
    • Marketing
    • Material Management, Logistics
    • Production planning and control

Within an internship at the XXX, I was employed in a technical division and so now I want to get to know the commercial aspects.

Between the second and the third semester I spent my semester break with the aid of “The Training Partnership Limited” in Great Britain and thereby I was able to improve my languages skills and collect cultural and working experience.
    I want to upgrade these impressions with another stay abroad, therefore I am applying for an internship in the United States of America.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
    If you wish to receive any more information, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above E-Mail address.

Yours sincerely
    ----------------------------------------------

tommy5 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: cover letter, please give me advice

Thanks for the correction.

are these translation of the departments ok?

Controlling
    Accounts department
    Purchasing and distribution
    Marketing
    Material Management, Logistics
    Production planning and control