• Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Kindly check my para

Any terrorist attack takes place, handful of people come on the street, take out procession, chant slogans against politicians, and take part in a candle light vigilance. Down the six months rather six weeks, we all get back to our daily routines and forget everything, because we are a tolerable lot. We are such a tolerable lot that any one can kill us at will and we donít mind it. We just throw blame on our characterless politicians. How long it will work? Let us stop the blame game and take initiative. Itís again that time, when we get reluctant to exercise our right to fight against the evil in our society. Make sure you exercise your vote, although if none of they deserve it. Make sure we will teach them the true democracy.

Grace Spreader is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kindly check my para

I will try my best to help you. I don't understand all of it which will make it little bit difficult but I will do what I can. I will insert '???' when I don't understand your meaning.

"Any terrorist attack takes place, handful of people come on the street, take out procession, chant slogans against politicians, and take part in a candle light vigilance. "

When a terrorist attack takes place - a handful of people come out in the street, ???, they chant slogans against the politicians, and they take part in a candlelight vigil.

"Down the six months rather six weeks, we all get back to our daily routines and forget everything, because we are a tolerable lot."

[Do you mean that the people get back to normal within 6 weeks?] Six weeks later, rather than six months, we all go back to our daily routines and forget everything, because we are a tolerant lot.

"We are such a tolerable lot that any one can kill us at will and we donít mind it. "
    We are such a tolerant lot that anyone can kill us at will and we don't mind.

"We just throw blame on our characterless politicians. How long it will work?
    Let us stop the blame game and take initiative."
    [fine]

"Itís again that time, when we get reluctant to exercise our right to fight against the evil in our society. "
    It's that time again, when we become reluctant to exercise our right to fight against the evil within our society.

"Make sure you exercise your vote, although if none of they deserve it. Make sure we will teach them the true democracy."

Make sure you exercise your vote, ???.

If you attempt to rewrite the areas with the ??? I can try to figure out what you mean in those portions.

I hope this helps you.

new2grammar is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grace Spreader View Post
    I will try my best to help you. I don't understand all of it which will make it little bit difficult but I will do what I can. I will insert '???' when I don't understand your meaning.

"Any terrorist attack takes place, handful of people come on the street, take out procession, chant slogans against politicians, and take part in a candle light vigilance. "

When a terrorist attack takes place - a handful of people come out in the street, ???, they chant slogans against the politicians, and they take part in a candlelight vigil.

"Down the six months rather six weeks, we all get back to our daily routines and forget everything, because we are a tolerable lot."

[Do you mean that the people get back to normal within 6 weeks?] Six weeks later, rather than six months, we all go back to our daily routines and forget everything, because we are a tolerant lot.

"We are such a tolerable lot that any one can kill us at will and we donít mind it. "
    We are such a tolerant lot that anyone can kill us at will and we don't mind.

"We just throw blame on our characterless politicians. How long it will work?
    Let us stop the blame game and take initiative."
    [fine]

"Itís again that time, when we get reluctant to exercise our right to fight against the evil in our society. "
    It's that time again, when we become reluctant to exercise our right to fight against the evil within our society.

"Make sure you exercise your vote, although if none of they deserve it. Make sure we will teach them the true democracy."

Make sure you exercise your vote, ???.

If you attempt to rewrite the areas with the ??? I can try to figure out what you mean in those portions.

I hope this helps you.
    Thanks a lot you helped me

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Say:
    Make sure you exercise your right to vote.
    (Perhaps more later.)