Unregistered Guest

Post Choosing an appropirate word

Hello,
    Please help me with this. I'm writing a letter to the school I'm applying to to inform them that I have had my Toefl score delievered to their school. But there're a few probs where I dont know what word/phrase I should use.
    ===========================
    Fill in the blanks with suitable words (or phrases) to make meaningful sentences.

"I have had my score report ..(1).. to your school. However, I have not finished filling out my application forms yet. Therefore, I think the report will ..(2).. your school long before my application does. So I was just wondering if you could ..(3).. the report so that later on I would not need to send it to your school again. "

============
    I think (1) could be "delievered", but I wonder if there are some other words which are more formal and understandable.
    Please do reply ASAP. I really need to send the letter soon.
    Thank you very much.

Charlie Bernstein is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Choosing an appropirate word

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,
    Please help me with this. I'm writing a letter to the school I'm applying to to inform them that I have had my Toefl score delievered to their school. But there're a few probs where I dont know what word/phrase I should use.
    ===========================
    Fill in the blanks with suitable words (or phrases) to make meaningful sentences.

"I have had my score report sent to your school. However, I have not finished filling out my application forms yet. Therefore, I think the report will arrive at your school long before my application does. So I was just wondering if you could process the report so that later on I would not need to send it to your school again. "

============
    I think (1) could be "delievered", but I wonder if there are some other words which are more formal and understandable. More formal is often less understandable. Plain English is usually better. See Strunk and White's book The Elements of Style.
    Please do reply ASAP. I really need to send the letter soon.
    Thank you very much.
    You're welcome! (And your writing is excellent.)

[I edit copy and have tutored college writing.]