Kevintrieuvn is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Causes of Illiteracy

please, correct it for me!.

I have a friend who has been living with his parents at USA for 6 years, but he is unhappy because he can not read and write English better than the other person. He can not choose another work. In the past, he didnít study English very hard at Viet Nam and didnít care for his life. Nowadays, there are a lot of causes of illiteracy. For my opinion, there are three main point causes of illiteracy such as socially problems, family problems, and motivational problems.
    The most important cause of illiteracy is socially problems. Actually, some develop country is not care education for their countryside. Especially, there is a little school in my countryside at Viet Nam. The countrysideís children do have not enough school for their studying. Furthermore, they have not conditions such as money and traffic for their learning because their family have not tuition for their and is very far with their school.
    Another cause of illiteracy is family problems. The first is history family, that mean is if their parents are worker, they also are worker. They donít care about their education. For example, I have known some family at my countryside. Parents are worker for my family. Their salaries are just enough familyís life. Their children can not go to school. They just learn their working. After that, they become worker.
    Finally, the motivation is also cause of illiteracy. Nowadays, there are a lot of entertainments, which the children are very excited, donít like to go the school. Specifically, almost children who have lived at center city have a lot of new entertainment for them. They spend their time for there and donít care their learning. Moreover, almost people donít have literacy because they donít have plan for your future. They just think about their life in the present. For instance, I used to think to learn mayor and work about my life in the present. I didnít learn more English because I didnít think I go the USA. That is big mistake in my life. Now, I have to try to learn English very hard more than the other people.
    Consequently, the popular causes of illiteracy are socially problems, family problem, and motional problems. However, if we fix problems, we would have education in our life and without people is illiteracy.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Causes of Illiteracy

Say:
    He is living with his parents in the USA.

He is unhappy because he cannot read and write English very well.

Or:

He is unhappy because he cannot read and write English as well as he would like to.

It's hard for him to get a job.

He didn't study English very hard while he was living in Vietnam.

social problems

In my opinion

developed countries
    (You didn't space between paragraphs. )

Kevintrieuvn is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks roobee

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintrieuvn View Post
    Actually, some develop country is not care education for their countryside.
    Fix that. Either delete it or rewrite it so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintrieuvn View Post
    Especially, there is a little school in my countryside at Viet Nam.
    Say:
    There aren't many schools in rural areas in Vietnam.

Repost the essay (with revisions) in this thread.