vajado is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter of motivation for a College

Hello, I'm new here and I'm glad I found this forum!

My first post and I'm asking for help! Could someone look at my letter and tell it's +/- ? I would really appeciate it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to apply for the Multimedia Design and Communication Degree programme in your College. I have graduated from Klaipėda „Žemyna“ Gymnasium last year.

My interest in multimedia is back from my childhood, when my passion for graphic design was born. I was getting started by hundreds of tutorials for photoshop and flash. (maybe i should extend here?)

Now my aim is to be a web, graphic designer, therefore I would like to gain deeper theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the field of multimedia design. What particularly appeals to me in this course is the opportunity it will give me to fully understand the steps through which a project is finalized and made into a useful, representative and clever result.

The main reason I enjoy design is that I possess skills in recognizing visual patterns and I believe strongly that I have a natural talent for conceiving useful and pleasant interfaces and/or adjusting an existing project to meet required needs and standards. I am confident that, I would be able to assimilate every new concept that is presented to me and also quickly adapt to the educational system of your country.

I am a creative and sociable person, I highly enjoy working in teams and I believe that my abilities are best put into use within a team. My teamwork experience includes many school events, theoretical and art competitions. Working in teams has made me a flexible person, who knows how to listen to the opinions of others and how to express myself.

Therefore, my goal is to develop my aptitudes and improve on them to a degree that would allow me to better understand the subtleties of the designing process. I would very much like to achieve this through studying and following the Multimedia Design And Communication Courses within your College.

Thank you very much for considering my request. I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you very much for looking and helping me!

Searching for language is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Letter of motivation for a College

Quote Originally Posted by vajado View Post
    Hello, I'm new here and I'm glad I found this forum!

My first post and I'm asking for help! Could someone look at my letter and tell it's +/- ? I would really appeciate it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to apply for the Multimedia Design and Communication Degree programme in your College. I have omitgraduated from Klaipėda „Žemyna“ Gymnasium last year.

My interest in multimedia is back from my childhood, when my passion for graphic design was born. I was getting started by studied hundreds of tutorials for photoshop and flash. (maybe i should extend here?)
    Now my aim is to be a web comma not necessary graphic designer, therefore I would like to gain deeper theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the field of multimedia design. What particularly appeals to me in this course is the opportunity it will give me to fully understand the steps through which a project is finalized and made into a useful, representative and clever result.

The main reason I enjoy design is that I possess skills in recognizing visual patterns and I believe strongly that I have a natural talent for conceiving useful and pleasant interfaces and/or adjusting an existing project to meet required needs and standards. I am confident that comma not necessary I would be able to assimilate every new concept that is presented to me and also quickly adapt to the educational system of your country.

I am a creative and sociable person, I highly enjoy working in teams and I believe that my abilities are best put into use within a team. My teamwork experience includes many school events, theoretical and art competitions. Working in teams has made me a flexible person, who knows how to listen to the opinions of others and how to express myself.

Therefore, my goal is to develop my aptitudes and improve on them to a degree that would allow me to better understand the subtleties of the designing process. I would very much like to achieve this through studying and following the Multimedia Design And Communication Courses within your College.

Thank you very much for considering my request. I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you very much for looking and helping me!
    Delete the underlined.
    Except for those small changes, this is a very well written and clearly understandable letter. Good luck.

I am not a teacher.

vajado is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for this!

by the way, which is the correct sentence?

I was studied hundreds of tutorials for photoshop and flash.

or

I studied hundreds of tutorials for photoshop and flash. ?

and

Now my aim is to be a web and/or graphic designer <<<- is this good?

Thanks again!

Searching for language is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vajado View Post
    Thank you very much for this!

by the way, which is the correct sentence?

I was studied hundreds of tutorials for photoshop and flash. Use either have studied, or just studied, not was studied.

or

I studied hundreds of tutorials for photoshop and flash. ?

and

Now my aim is to be a web and/or graphic designer <<<- is this good?

Thanks again!
    You're welcome.