Brief cover letter for job application... can anyone check it, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunMoon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Dear all, I wrote a brief cover letter to apply a position, can anyone check it about mistakes and sounds errors?

Dear xxxx

I was very interested in your advertisement as I am looking for an international opportunity, and Amsterdam sounds good.

As you will see, most of my past positions have been in Project Management roles within complex contexts, big projects and international team.

I have included my presentation in the attached CV.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you and arranging a personal meeting at your convenience.

Sincerely
xxxx xxxxx

????

pyoung

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear SunMoon:

Dear all, I wrote a brief cover letter to apply a position, can anyone check it about mistakes and sounds errors?

Dear xxxx

I was very interested in your advertisement as I am looking for an international opportunity, and Amsterdam sounds good.
I am writing to express my interest in the position of _________which I saw in a recent advertisement (name the source if it is a prestigious journal).
As an experienced project manager looking for an international opportunity, Amsterdam sounds like a perfect fit for me.

I have included my presentation (what does this mean?) in the attached CV.
Enclosed you will find my CV.
As you will see, most of my past positions have been in project management (only capitalize if this phrase is commonly capitalized in your field) roles within complex contexts, big projects and international teams.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you and arranging a personal meeting at your convenience.

Sincerely,
xxxx xxxxx

(and, of course you are including every possoble way for them to contact you)
????

Your original letter is basically fine. My suggestions are just that: suggestions. Only go with them if you are comfortable with them.

Petra

Status
Not open for further replies.