• Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do thses articles soun good in English ? please help

Hello :

I have translated 2 articles from Arabic into English , I just want you to correct the mistakes in them , and to say whether they sound good in English or not . Thank you in advance .

Here are the first one :

The beaty of the countrysidecolorc :

Some consider the countryside as a kind of an exile , but I believe that I have spent there the best days of my life . as the countryside gave me the chance to continue my study , and to enjoy the beautiful nature . There , I had ever missed a day without waking up at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning , and walk in the dewy fields during the nature's silence that brings reliefe . Then I wait till the sun rises and greet it , and gaze if in a prayer . However , there are thousands of people who do not have a single idea about such kind of prayers , and have never had that religious feelings of such connection with nature in those open fields . In fact , I wish I can return to that kind of solitude from time to time . By the way , one shall never neglect the sight of the moon in the country side , as it casts its charm upon everything . that is why the people who see the moon through the windows in the city , can not realize the real glamour of this planet .

It was originally written by Salama Mosa (Moses ) : A well-known Egyptian thinker and writer .

__________________________________________________ ____

Here is the second one :

The cursed car !

I once had a car with which I had a very hard time . the problem was that , it exhausted all the fuel and gas , and it was not enough however . It was really a very difficult time , that it came up to my mind to connect its tank with oil-wells of Mosel ( a city in Iraq famous for oil ) . Moreover , its radiator was boiling like the boiler after just few minutes of driving , then the red light in the car began to flash as a sign of danger . as a result , I had to stop , and after a while continue driving , and the same thing happened every time I drive it .

In fact , that was the case in Winter , so , would it be in summer ? ! Actually , I started to buy ice instead of water , and fill the car's radiator with it . Furthermore , I had never driven it without putting boards of ice at the back seat .

Sometimes, I used to drive it with feelings of meeriness , content and satisfaction , however , after a while , I would hear a sound saying : Kr…..kr…..kr…… , as one of its back wheels got out of its track , running away in the street .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do thses articles soun good in English ? please help

Some suggestions:

- Hmm, you might want to go over them with Spellcheck. What do you mean by "countrysidecolorc?"
    - There shouldn't be space between a punctuation mark and the final word of a sentence. "seat ." should be "seat." "however ," should be "however,"
    - "can not" should be "cannot"
    - Always write in capital letters the first letter of a sentence.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do thses articles soun good in English ? please help

Here you are--hope this helps!
    I had an old car in 1983 (a 68 Plymouth Fury) that sounds very similar to yours. I had to pull off the road (highway) to pour water in the radiator. I kept a big jug of water in the back seat. My taillights were not red plastic; they were red tape. When I applied the brakes, the front seat would slide forward and my passengers would almost hit the windshield. it was a free car, but it was a dangerous one. It allowed me to work and go to college, but I'm fortunate that I lived to talk about it!

Here are the edited versions:

Here is the first one :

The beauty of the countryside colors :

Some consider the countryside as a kind of an exile , but I believe that I have spent the best days of my life there as the countryside gave me the chance to continue my study , and to enjoy the beautiful nature . In the countryside I never missed a day without waking up at four or five o'clock in the morning, and walking in the dewy fields during nature's special relief bringing silent time just before dawn. I then wait until the sun rises and I greet it and gaze as if in prayer. There are thousands of people who do not have a single idea about such kind of prayers, however , and have never had that religious feeling of connection with nature in those open fields . In fact , I wish I could return to that kind of solitude from time to time . One could also never forget the sight of the moon in the country side, as it casts its charm upon everything. That is why the people who see the moon through the windows in the city, can not realize the real glamour of this planet.

It was originally written by Salama Mosa (Moses ) : A well-known Egyptian thinker and writer .

The cursed car !

I once had a car with which I had a very hard time. The problem was that, it used all the fuel too quickly and I never had enough. Moreover, its radiator was boiling like a boiler after just few minutes of driving and the red light in the car would begin to flash as a sign of danger. As a result , I had to stop, and after a while continue driving , and the same thing happened every time I drove it .

It was really a very difficult time for me, then that I wished I could connect its tank with oil-wells of Mosel (a city in Iraq famous for oil) .

I started to buy ice instead of water, and fill the car's radiator with it . Furthermore, to stay prepared, I always made sure to put boards of ice in the back seat .

This was all happening to my car in the winter so naturally I worried about what it would be like in summer.

That old car…sometimes, I used to drive it with feelings of m, contentment and satisfaction. Before long, however, I would hear a “Kr…..kr…..kr……” as one of its back wheels got out of its track, running away in the street .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do theses articles sound good in English ? please help

Here are the first one :

The beauty of the countryside colors :

Some consider the countryside as a kind of an exile, but I believe that I have spent there the best days of my life. as the countryside gave me the chance to continue my study, and to enjoy the beautiful nature. There, I had never missed a day without waking up at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning, and walk in the dewy fields during the nature's silence that brings reliefe. Then I wait till the sun rises and greet it, and gaze if in a prayer. However, there are thousands of people who do not have a single idea about such kind of prayers, and have never had that religious feelings of such connection with nature in those open fields. In fact, I wish I can return to that kind of solitude from time to time. By the way, one shall never neglect the sight of the moon in the country side, as it casts its charm upon everything. That is why the people who see the moon through the windows in the city, cannot realize the real glamour of this planet.

It was originally written by Salama Mosa (Moses ) : A well-known Egyptian thinker and writer.
    -------------

You shouldn’t change tense so often : “I have spent” ; “I had never missed” ; “I wait till the sun rises”. Use the preterit to tell about passed events.
    Use a space after full point or comma, not before. The following word must start with a capital letter.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Here is the second one :

The cursed car !

I once had a car with which I had a very hard time. The problem was that, it exhausted all the fuel and gas, and it was not enough however. It was really a very difficult time, so that it came up to my mind to connect its tank with the oil-wells of Mosel ( a city in Iraq famous for oil ). Moreover, its radiator was boiling like the boiler after just a few minutes of driving, then the red light in the car began to flash as a sign of danger. As a result, I had to stop, and after a while continue driving, and the same thing happened every time I drove it.

In fact, that was the case in Winter, so, what (?)would it be in Summer ? ! Actually, I started to buy ice instead of water, and fill the car's radiator with it. Furthermore, I had never driven it without putting boards of ice at the back seat.

Sometimes, I used to drive it with feelings of meeriness merriness (?), content and satisfaction, however, after a while, I would hear a sound saying : Kr…..kr…..kr……, as one of its back wheels got out of its track, running away in the street.

I hope this helps.