yasmin262 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

can someone please have a look?

Although some people prefer to communicate via e-mail and voice mail, I prefer meeting my friends and communication partner to have a face-to-face conversation. Nowadays there exist a variety of communication possibilities, so that it is almost possible to reach someone very easy no matter where the person is. But nothing replaces a real face-to-face meeting.
    New technologies like e-mails, voice mails or even mobile flat-rates make it easier and cheaper to speak with friends and family, especially if someone is in a foreign country.
    During my three semesters at a Spanish university in Madrid I was very glad to know the computer programme “Skype” which allows you to communicate via internet for free with other persons who also have logged in to the programme. It was easy to catch up with friends even when I was not there. Some years ago I would have waited weeks for receiving a letter from my home country.
    E-mails permit to write letters which arrive immediately which means that you can safe a lot of time and it is easier to get in contact with people and also to stay in contact. Especially for business negotiations and formal issues it is a great invention. Writing e-mails to friends and the family also allows you to inform them instantly about any detail, and you can be sure that they do not get lost, like letters from overseas can.
    Although the modern ways of communication relieve the distances between foreign countries, I think it is still quite special if you get a real letter from someone or a postcard. Today that is not very common, because text messaging (sms) and e-mails are faster and also cheaper. In my opinion talking via telephone, mobile or programmes like “Skype” is really nice to stay in touch with persons, but seeing friends and family in person will always be better.

philpet is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: can someone please have a look?

Although some people prefer to communicate via e-mail and voice mail, I prefer meeting my friends and communication partner to have a face-to-face conversation. Nowadays there exist a variety of communication possibilities, so that it is almost possible to reach someone very easy no matter where the person is. But nothing replaces a real face-to-face meeting.
    New technologies like e-mails, voice mails or even mobile flat-rates make it easier and cheaper to speak with friends and family, especially if someone is in a foreign country.
    During my three semesters at a Spanish university in Madrid I was very glad to know the computer programme “Skype” which allows you to communicate via internet for free with other persons who also have logged in to the programme. It was easy to catch up with friends even when I was not there. Some years ago I would have waited weeks for receiving a letter from my home country.
    E-mails permit to write letters which arrive immediately which means that you can safe a lot of time and it is easier to get in contact with people and also to stay in contact. Especially for business negotiations and formal issues it is a great invention. Writing e-mails to friends and the family also allows you to inform them instantly about any detail, and you can be sure that they do not get lost, like letters from overseas can.
    Although the modern ways of communication relieve the distances between foreign countries, I think it is still quite special if you get a real letter from someone or a postcard. Today that is not very common, because text messaging (sms) and e-mails are faster and also cheaper. In my opinion talking via telephone, mobile or programmes like “Skype” is really nice to stay in touch with persons, but seeing friends and family in person will always be better.

Although some people prefer to communicate via e-mail and voice mail, I prefer to have a face-to-face conversation with my friends and communication partners. Nowadays there exists a variety of communication possibilities. It is virtually possible to reach someone no matter where they are. However, nothing replaces a real face-to-face meeting.
    During my three semesters at a Spanish university in Madrid I was very happy to have the computer program “Skype.” This allows you to communicate for free via the internet with other people who also have logged in to the program. It was easy to catch up with friends even when we were apart. Years ago, I would have waited weeks to receive a letter from my home country.
    E-mails permit you to write letters which arrive immediately. That means you can save a lot of time, find it easier to get in contact and to stay in touch with people. It is a great invention especially for business negotiations and formal issues. Writing e-mails to friends and family also allows you to inform them instantly about any detail. You can be fairly certain that the email will not get lost, like letters from overseas can.
    Although the modern ways of communication shorten the distances between foreign countries, I think it is still quite special if you get a real letter or a postcard from someone. Today that is not very common, because text messaging (SMS) and e-mails are faster and also cheaper. In my opinion, talking via a land-line, mobile or programs like “Skype” is a really nice way to stay in touch with people, but seeing friends and family in person is always better.