Unregistered Guest

Default which is suitable usage?

I have a problem in choosing suitable connective words in the following passage. Would you kindly tell me which is the more suitable expression between "1) In the end " and "2) In other words " ?
    Many thanks to your reply

All of us, at times, have trouble communicating with people. Sometimes we have difficulty communicating with people we've just met, and at other times we have problems communicating with people we know very well. Our difficulties are often caused by misunderstanding the words someone uses, but very often words are not the most important part of the conversation. On the contrary, some studies show that when expressing attitudes, 93 percent of the message is communicated by our tone of voice, our facial expressions and our gestures. ___________, how we say things can be more important than what we say.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: which is suitable usage?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    All of us, at times, have trouble communicating with people. Sometimes we have difficulty communicating with people we've just met, and at other times we have problems communicating with people we know very well. Our difficulties are often caused by misunderstanding the words someone uses, but very often words are not the most important part of the conversation. On the contrary, some studies show that when expressing attitudes, 93 percent of the message is communicated by our tone of voice, our facial expressions and our gestures. ___________, how we say things can be more important than what we say.
    The last sentence explains the sentence before it, so 'In other words' would be my choice.

The phrase 'In the end' means, In short, In summary, and it refers to the entire paragraph.