negandhimehul is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please judge Letter and estimate a Band score

Task:-
    You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have
    some problems.
    Write a letter to your new employer. In your letter
    • explain your situation
    • describe your problems
    • tell him/her when you think you can start.

My attempt:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in context of the job, I am scheduled to join, next week with your firm. It with regrets that I would like to notify that I won’t be able to join the same from next week.

As you are aware, I have been working with my current employer for past 4 years as the General Manager. I had explained to my employer about me having to join with your firm from next week to which I got an agreement.

Since I have been involved in a lot of activities for the company, its not been easy for the new General Manager to take over and understand all the responsibilities in the months time of hand-over. Most critically the representatives of our biggest customer have not been in touch, hence there hasn’t been enough communication for the new GM to replace and take over his responsibities. I have henced been requested by the top manangement to extend my stay by a fortnight.

I would hereby like to request your kind permission to allow be to extend my stay in my current company by a fortnight to allow me to do a complete hand over of my current responsibilities will look forward to your acceptance of my request and joining your company a fortnight later.

Yours Sincerely
    Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please judge Letter and estimate a Band score

Quote Originally Posted by negandhimehul View Post
    Task:-
    You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have
    some problems.
    Write a letter to your new employer. In your letter
    • explain your situation
    • describe your problems
    • tell him/her when you think you can start.

My attempt:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

I scheduled to start with your firm next week. But it regrets that I could not deal with this.

As you know, I have been working for my current employer for the last 4 years as the General Manager. I had explained to my employer that I would join with your firm from next week as in our agreement. Since I have involved in a lot of activities for the company, it is not easy for the new General Manager to take over and to understand all the responsibilities in the first month. Most critically the representatives of our biggest customers have not been in touch, hence there has not been enough communication for the new GM to replace and to take over his responsibilities. This was the reason why I have been requested by the top manager to extend my stay by a fortnight.

I would hereby like to need your kind permission to allow me to stay with my current company by a fortnight, then I can complete my current responsibilities.

I am looking forward to your acceptance. I am joining your company a fortnight later.

Yours Sincerely
    Marc
    Hope this helps. I am not a teacher