HoangHueHo is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can u help me correct my essay task 2 for ielts?

Scientific-technological advances are widely applied in food production to improve the range as well as the quality of food. Some think this is highly beneficial whereas others think it is harmful for human health and for the environment. Discuss both of the views.
    New scientific technologies play an indispensable role in the agricultural development today. Many individuals express their approvals of the wide application of scientific-technological advances in food production to improve the quality and quantity of food, whereas others claim that this has strong negative effects on people’s health and the environment. This is obviously a controversial issue which requires careful consideration.

It is undeniable that, new scientific and technological innovations have enhanced significantly the efficiency of food output. The rapid growth of global population today is requiring increasingly new advances in food production to meet sufficient food to able to feed the world. These scientific-technological advances such as the use of fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides or the improvement in irrigating systems and management techniques have helped farmers to harvest more numerous of food. An illustration of this is the “Green Revolution” began in 1945 in Mexico spread world-wide that was a major global scientific and technological achievement towards increased food production .In addition, Biotechnology is also an effective tool in the preservation of food and genetic engineering may develop various types of fruits and vegetables that are resistant to certain diseases. As a result, farmers save millions of them that can be lost because of diseases.

On the other hand, there are concerns about the possible effects on human health and the environment. The safety of food is essential for the health and well-being of human. Research shows that some chemicals used in the preservation or in genetic modifications of food production are likely to lead to a list of known human carcinogens. Further more, chemical fertilizers and pesticides probably contaminate water supplies and soil, make some insects and animals died and are also a major cause of the environmental pollution.

In conclusion, while scientific-technological advances have greatly influenced on food production, it must be acknowledged that it is not all positive. There still have serious impacts on human health and the environment. To use scientific technologies effectively, authorities, scientists and environmentalists should go hand in hand to find out comprehensive solutions.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Can u help me correct my essay task 2 for ielts?

Anyone would like to exchange and correct essays focusing for Ielts with me.Pz contact:EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Can u help me correct my essay task 2 for ielts?

Anyone would like to exchange and correct essays focusing for Ielts with me.Pz contact:EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead:hoanghueho