• Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Question meaning of a song

Hi, I am a teacher and one of my students suggested using the song "when the levee breaks" by Led Zeppelin as an exercise. But I would also like to work with the interpretation of the song. I want to work with the song as a metaphor and donīt take into account the history about the flood in the 20īs.
    I would like to know the opinions about the meaning of this song. I know that the interpretations are in most cases personal but I would like to know how people would interpret this song. :)
    I am thinking about the problems in a personīs life , maybe he/she would like a drastic change and also the problems that keep adding up to the point that he/she canīt stand them anymore and decide to start it over. I checked the site songmeanings .net but I would like different views of the song.

thanks!

Monticello is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: meaning of a song

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Hi, I am a teacher and one of my students suggested using the song "when the levee breaks" by Led Zeppelin as an exercise. But I would also like to work with the interpretation of the song. I want to work with the song as a metaphor and donīt take into account the history about the flood in the 20īs.
    I would like to know the opinions about the meaning of this song. I know that the interpretations are in most cases personal but I would like to know how people would interpret this song. :)
    I am thinking about the problems in a personīs life , maybe he/she would like a drastic change and also the problems that keep adding up to the point that he/she canīt stand them anymore and decide to start it over. I checked the site songmeanings .net but I would like different views of the song.

thanks!
    Hi san,

You're on the right track by searching other sites on the web. Why not try these links also?

Good luck.