lrawls Guest

Exclamation Is this letter correct?

Dear, Miss. xxxxx, Miss xxxx, and Mr. xxxxx,

This letter is to request that (first and last name) be exempt from assignments which require him to kill any living creature. I understand these may be very important projects but (first name) beliefs will not allow him to complete assignments in which . (first name) is willing to complete another project in it's place to let you know that he is not tring to completely avoid the experience.

Since (first name) was a small child he has not been able to kill any living creature. He is certain about this and feels it is wrong to do so, so would you sacrifice your beliefs in this case? In the past he has always been willing to complete his assignments but this task is one if not the only one he believes it is wrong to do. This should let you know that he not tring to simply avoid the assignment it is just that his beliefs won't allow him to complete it.

Thank you for considering (first name) position and personal beliefs while he is in your class and allowing him an to complete an alternative assignment. I appreciate you not simply giving him a failing grade.

Thanks you again,
    xxxxxxxxx

Monticello is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this letter correct?

Hi lrawls,

Corrections to your letter follow:

Dear, Miss. xxxxx, Miss xxxx, and Mr. xxxxx,

This letter is to request that (first and last name) be exempt from assignments which require him to kill any living creature. I understand these may be very important projects but (first name's) beliefs will not allow him to complete assignments in which that require the killing of any living creature. (first name) is willing to complete another project in it's its place to let you know that he is not tring trying to completely avoid the experience.

Since (first name) was a small child, he has not been able to kill any living creature. He is certain about this and feels it is wrong to do so, so would you sacrifice your beliefs in this case? In the past he has always been willing to complete his assignments but this task is one if not the only one that he believes it is wrong for him to do. This should let you know that he is not tring trying to simply avoid the assignment. it It is just that his beliefs won't allow him to complete it.

Thank you for considering (first name's) position and personal beliefs while he is in your class and allowing him an to complete an alternative assignment. I appreciate you not simply giving him a failing grade.

Thanks you again,
    xxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Monticello; 22-Mar-2009 at 18:18.