Post Thanks / Like

Part of a guidebook - proofread needed

As in the topic. I need a proofread since I'm not a native speaker of English. Please pay attention to the article as they are the bane of my life :D

On the way back from Wola Zręczycka (hamlet) to Cracow it’s worth to take a roundabout way and visit Dobczyce, a town which owns a heritage park with folk wood-building and beautifully placed ruins of a castle from the turn of XII and XIV centuries. Many more equally beautiful lines can be found on the Wooden Architecture Route. For one day’s trip you can choose Ojcow National Park situated north from Cracow with the King Łokietek’s cave and the ruins of a castle in the (very) town of Ojców. Plenty of stunning wooden historical buildings are hidden in the vicinity of Beskid Mały. The places you must see are a marvelous church in the village of Lachowice as well as the Tatra Mountains with its capital, a city of Zakopane where can be found a hut from the turn of XVII and XIX centuries which belonged to the folk story teller Jan Krzeptowski-Sabała and a Villa “Koliba” designed by Stanisław Witkiewicz. The Villa is the first building ever to represent the style of Zakopane and it was created by Witkiewicz’s father.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Part of a guidebook - proofread needed

On the way back from the hamlet of Wola Zręczycka to Cracow, it’s worth taking the roundabout way and visiting Dobczyce. The town has a heritage park with folk wood buildiings and the beautifully situated ruins of a castle dating

from the turn of XII and XIV centuries. : you've got me here! It dates from 'the turn of the century', yet you give two centuries, a century apart!

Many more equally beautiful lines : what do you mean by 'lines' here?

can be found on the Wooden Architecture Route.

For a one day trip, you could choose Ojcow National Park, situated north of Cracow, with King Łokietek’s cave and the ruins of a castle in the nearby town of Ojców.

Quite a number of stunning wooden historical buildings are hidden away in the vicinity of Beskid Mały.: 'stunning' needs to change; and you need to locate where this Beskid Maly is. Is it another town nearby town? Is it an area in Ojcow?

You are jumping around and getting the tourist lost. You are not locating what comes next in terms of where you have brought me, to Beskid Maly!
    Put in another sentence, on the lines:
    Just west of Beskid Maly is the must-see village of...
    If you start the sentence:"The places you must see" and then mention a town or place, you are suggesting that, whatever else you have mentioned so far, what you are about to mention are the real highlights/Don't Miss places in Poland! Is that what you mean?
    The places you must see are a marvelous church in the village of Lachowice as well as the Tatra Mountains with its capital, a city of Zakopane where can be found a hut from the turn of XVII and XIX centuries which belonged to the folk story teller Jan Krzeptowski-Sabała and a Villa “Koliba” designed by Stanisław Witkiewicz. The Villa is the first building ever to represent the style of Zakopane and it was created by Witkiewicz’s father.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Part of a guidebook - proofread needed

Quote Originally Posted by David L. View Post

from the turn of XII and XIV centuries. : [COLOR="Purple"]you've got me here! It dates from 'the turn of the century', yet you give two centuries, a century apart!
    [/QUOTE]

That must have been a spelling mistake. Not enough keys pressed :D:D
    And... I'm not writing this guide book. I'm making endeavour to translate it into English, so this jumping around the area is not my fault. Sorry :(:(

Just if you can, correct the grammatical stylistic or lexical mistakes. I'll figure the rest out.