• Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter of complaint

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am writing to express my strong dissatisfaction with the Spanish course I attended during the summer holidays.
    I stayed with a very unfriendly Spanish family. They were rude to me and were constantly making fun of the Poles.
    Moreover, there was supposed to be an intensive grammar course and debating who aim was to improve pronunciation and conversation skills. In fact, the tutor just gave us a handout with grammar exercises and then started reading a magazine instead of explaining the grammar tenses to us! The conversation tutor was not any better. She had told us to introduce ourselves in Spanish and then left the class for 20 minutes. Therefore, the tutors were anything but highly experienced.
    What is more, you were supposed to organize a trip to the city museum. I had paid for it and at the very last moment, which is two hours before the trip had been supposed to start, I was informed that the trip had been cancelled! In addition, you did not refund my money.
    I feel that I should be fully compensated for my major disappointment. I look forward to a reply at your earliest convenience.
    Yours faithfully,
    XYZ

konungursvia is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Letter of complaint

Quote Originally Posted by Ola2705 View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am writing to express my strong dissatisfaction with the Spanish course I attended during the summer holidays.
    I stayed with a very unfriendly Spanish family. They were rude to me and were constantly making fun of the Poles.
    Moreover, there was supposed to be an intensive grammar course and debating who aim was to improve pronunciation and conversation skills. In fact, the tutor just gave us a handout with grammar exercises and then started reading a magazine instead of explaining the grammar tenses to us! The conversation tutor was not any better. She had told us to introduce ourselves in Spanish and then left the class for 20 minutes. Therefore, the tutors were anything but highly experienced.
    What is more, you were supposed to organize a trip to the city museum. I had paid for it and at the very last moment, which is two hours before the trip had been supposed to start, I was informed that the trip had been cancelled! In addition, you did not refund my money.
    I feel that I should be fully compensated for my major disappointment. I look forward to a reply at your earliest convenience.
    Yours faithfully,
    XYZ
    It is fine, but you should write "whose aim" rather than "who aim".

Ola2705 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by konungursvia View Post
    It is fine, but you should write "whose aim" rather than "who aim".
    I know, it was just a typo

Searching for language is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ola2705 View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    I stayed with a very unfriendly Spanish family. They were rude to me and were constantly making fun of the Poles.I would say the Polish people.
    Moreover, there was supposed to be an intensive grammar course and debating grammar and debating course who the aim of which was to improve pronunciation and conversational skills. In fact, the tutor just gave us a handout with grammar exercises and then started reading a magazine instead of explaining the grammar tenses to us! The conversation tutor was not any better. She had told us to introduce ourselves in Spanish and then left the class for 20 minutes. Therefore, the tutors were anything but highly experienced.
    What is more, you were supposed to organize a trip to the city museum. I had paid for it and at the very last moment, which is two hours before the trip had been was supposed to start, I was informed that the trip had been was cancelled! In addition, you did not refund my money.
    I feel that I should be fully compensated for my major disappointment. I look forward to a reply from you at your earliest convenience.
    Yours faithfully,
    XYZ
    Delete the underlined and replace with the red.

"the aim of which" or "whose aim" are both correct.

I am not a teacher.

Ola2705 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank a lot guys!

Searching for language is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I just re-read my correction, and thought of something else. If this is supposed to be a strong letter of disapproval/dissatisfaction, then the ending should be something like "I expect a prompt reply in this matter"

Rather than "I look forward to a reply from you at your earliest convenience." The way you have stated it, you are leaving it to their convenience. It may take many weeks before they find it "convenient".

I am not a teacher.