Unregistered Guest

letter of motivation

Dear Madam or Sir,
    I appreciate this opportunity to provide further background information in support of my application for entrance to the BSc in Medicine-Global Health Profile at the University of Groningen for the 2009 fall term.

Since my early childhood I felt an inner connection to the health field even thought I did not know much about it. It all began when my youngest brother was born in 1994. I was only seven years old but it was so fascinating to see the nurses and doctors take a care of a little new life. From that day on I knew that is going to my ultimate goal to become a doctor and to be able to help others and to make a difference. In middle school I started to primary focus on biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics and Latin in school. I started gaining knowledge and more important passion. In High school I got the chance to really look into the health field by volunteering at a local. Furthermore I focused even more on biology by choosing it as my major subject. Graduating from high school in 2007 I decided to spent I year as an Au Pair in the United States of America to majorly improve my English skills and of course to learn about their culture and lifestyle. The year opened me up as a person, make me more independent. During the second year I gave myself the opportunity to volunteer in the American health field at a local hospital in Maryland which was I totally different but knowledge gaining experience.

Unregistered Guest

preference for the university of groningen

I really need help with this task....urgent!!!!!!!
    I was supposed to describe why I wanna study in groningen in up to 100 words.

Dear Madam or Sir,
    I my opinion the three aspects of the Medical degree in Groningen that best match me are problem-based learning, the patient centered context and the international aspect. The reason why I choose to apply at the University of Groningen/UMCG is because it enjoys an international reputation as a leading research university. Furthermore it is close to my home in Germany and at the same time gives me the opportunity to learn a new language, to study in English and to learn new lifestyle and culture. In conclusion I would like to say I am eager to gain experience and in my opinion this program is the best way to achieve all of it and to explore the uniqueness of human personality. Its international aspect and very high standard of education encounters different countries from various countries, so the interaction during the study is very enriching and exactly what I am looking for.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: preference for the university of groningen

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I really need help with this task....urgent!!!!!!!
    I was supposed to describe why I want to study at Groningen in up to 100 words.

Dear Madam or Sir,
    I my opinion the three aspects of the Medical degree in Groningen that best match me are problem-based learning, the patient centered context and the international aspect. The reason why I choose to apply at the University of Groningen/UMCG is because it enjoys an international reputation as a leading research university. Furthermore it is close to my home in Germany and at the same time gives me the opportunity to learn a new language, to study in English and to learn new lifestyle and culture. In conclusion I would like to say I am eager to gain experience and in my opinion this program is the best way to achieve all of it and to explore the uniqueness of human personality. Its international aspect and very high standard of education encounters different countries from various countries, so the interaction during the study is very enriching and exactly what I am looking for.

The convention is "Dear Sir or Madam".

I suggest you conflate your two different letters and come up with a new letter.
    Last edited by Anglika; 29-Mar-2009 at 14:14.