Before submitting your essay, you should ask yourself the following questions:
1. Is the format of my essay correct?
2. Does every paragraph begin with a topic sentence?
3. Does every topic sentence have a clear controlling idea?
4. Do the supporting sentences 'prove' the main idea stated in the topic sentence?
5. Do your paragraphs have unity?
6. Do your paragraphs contain transition signals?
7. Is the use of pronouns consistent?
8. Does every paragraph end with a concluding sentence?
9. Is there a period at the end of each sentence?
10. Are capital letters used where necessary?
11. Are commas used correctly?
12. Are verb tenses correct?
13. Does each sentence have a subject and a verb and express a complete thought?
14. Does each verb agree with its subject?
15. Is there a variety of sentence types in each paragraph?
16. Does my essay answer the question stated in the title?
Hope this will help!
- For Teachers