Hi Everyone,

I will have an ielts test on the mid of 2009. I need your kindness and help to review my english[COLOR=#009900 ! important][COLOR=#009900 ! important][/COLOR] [/COLOR]writing. since English is not my first language in my country. I keen to learn how I can write a proper English. your kindness and help would be great appreciated.

Regards,

Theresia

The following is my sample letter about "Unable to attend a course" and "Bad meal in a restaurant"
=============================================

Unable to attend a course
You are employed fulltime and also doing a part time evening course. You are not able to continue the course.
Write a letter to the course lecturer. In the letter

• explain why you cannot continue the course
  • describe the situation
  • say what you will be doing

Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write your own address.

Dear Course Lecturer,

My name is Maw. I am a graduate student at ABCDE University (Student ID : 8378348). I am writing to inform that I will not continue the course next term for several reasons below. Currently I am employed fulltime at ABC audit firm. My current [COLOR=#009900 ! important][COLOR=#009900 ! important]job[/COLOR][/COLOR] requires me to travel overseas a lot. Furthermore, I also need to work overtime in order to achieve the target within deadline. I certainly do not have much time to do a part time evening course at the university. Although I would like to attain my MBA degree by next year, I could not commit to the hours it requires me to [COLOR=#009900 ! important][COLOR=#009900 ! important]invest[/COLOR][/COLOR] due to my current situation at work now. Thus, I decided to hold my course at the university for now. I will re-apply again after 6 months looking into how well I am coping with my current work then. Your understanding and [COLOR=#009900 ! important][COLOR=#009900 ! important]support[/COLOR][/COLOR] would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,

Ms.Maw
=============================================
Bad meal in a restaurant
You took your family to a nearby restaurant. You were disappointed with the meal and wish to complain to the manager.
Write a letter to the manager of the restaurant. In the letter

• explain why you were at the restaurant
  • describe the problems
  • write about the action you want the manager to take

Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write your own address.

Dear Pizza Hut Customer Service Manager,

I am writing to complain about the quality of food taste. A few weeks ago, I ordered two pans super supreme pizza for [COLOR=#009900 ! important][COLOR=#009900 ! important]delivery[/COLOR][/COLOR] to my home. The taste was very delicious because the pizza contains a barbeque beef and cheese. Last week, my wife and me went down to the pizza hut restaurant, we ordered the same type of pizza as we ordered last time. However the taste was very bad because the pizza did not contain any barbeque beef. There was lot of vegetables and fruits on the pizza. The taste was not as we expected, despite the pizza has an identical name for dine in and delivery order. The name is “Super Supreme”. I approached your customer service to ask about that matter. She mentioned that there is a different class of super supreme pizza between for dine in and delivery order. You supposed to give a clear information that there are two different super supreme pizza for dine in and delivery order in your menu list Definitely, Customer is not to be confused. I am looking forward to your response and explanation about.

Your Faithfully,

Ms. Maw