• Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Swindle carried out

Please edit it:

After arriving at Sanyi Town of Mengcheng County, there were 4 men and 2 women who came in a microbus, welcomed them, and warmly invited them to dinner in a local villager's home. After dinner, Miss Jiang's boyfriend made an excuse that the house could not accommodate all of them, so he'd leave and would return tomorrow. But the next day, Mr.Li seemed vanished. Miss found that was a swindle, insisting on that she must leave. But the host's face turned green. The host told her that she had been sold by her boyfriend to him at price of 12,000 yuan. During more than 7 months that followed, she was watched tightly by the buyer. On Dec 20, Miss Jiang found there was only an old man in the house, taking a chance to slip away from it, ringing 110.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Swindle carried out

When they arrived at Sanyi Town of Mengcheng County, there were 4 men and 2 women who came in a microbus, welcomed them, and warmly invited them to dinner in a local villager's home. After dinner, Miss Jiang's boyfriend made an excuse that the house could not accommodate all of them, so he'd leave and would return tomorrow. But the next day, Mr.Li had vanished. Miss name missing found that it was a set-up, and demanded to leave. But the host's face turned green. The host told her that she had been sold by her boyfriend to him for 12,000 yuan. For more than 7 months after that, she was watched closely by the buyer. On Dec 20, Miss Jiang found there was only an old man in the house, took the chance to get away from it, and dialled 110.

I changed 'swindle' to 'set-up' because it seemed more appropriate for the situation the woman was in- she wasn't swindled (she wasn't conned out of money). I also changed the sequencing at the end because I assumed from the context that she got out of the house before she called the police.

NewHope is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Tdol.

I could not believe my eyes that you have been Phnom Penh.

However, I enjoyed your excellent editing.