Please help me with these sentences? What types of sentences are these? Please try to give me explanations for each sentences.
1. Pauline loves to go to the beach and spend her days sunbathing. Is it a simple sentence or a compound one? And why?
2. Pauline says there is nothing relaxing about chopping wood, swatting mosquitoes, and cooking over a woodstove? Is it complex or compound or simple? And why?
3. Bruno dislikes sitting on the beach; he always gets a nasty sunburn. Is it compound or complex?
4. Bruno tends to get bored sitting on the beach, watching the waves, getting sand in his swimsuit, and reading detective novels for a week. Is it simple or compound?
5. Bruno took the desktop computer that he uses at work, and Pauline sits on the beach with her laptop computer, which she connects to the internet with a cellular phone. Is it complex or compound?
6. Did you know which novel we will read for the course? Is it simple or complex?
7. Jonathan promised me that he would look after the hotel reservations and I told him that I would buy the plane tickets? Is it complex or compound?
1. Pauline loves to go to the beach and [she loves to] spend her days sunbathing. <Compound Sentence>
=> Why? Because 'and' is a coordinating conjunction.
Learn more here Sentences:* Simple, Compound, and Complex