Post Thanks / Like

Default A nice restaurant

Please could you tell me if it is correct?

Thank you!

Novella

I haven’t to add anything to the review written by my friend and colleague (you can find it below). I just add a recent report which confirms Pasquale’s impressions. This restaurant is like a “library” including a wide range of tastes, high quality products and extraordinary biodiversities like dried liver sausage, salamis, ricotta in a wicker basket and matured cheese like “laticauda” pecorino cheese. Here you will find well-prepared dishes which remind us of the best traditional recipes from the Southern Italy Apennines: cheese and egg balls, tasty, raw julienne zucchinis with a light sauce, good “paccheri” pasta with dried cod, cooked bread with broccoli which reminds us of Berardino’s traditional dishes and the times when peasants didn’t have pasta and for this reason got carbohydrates from bread, dried bread and dry bagels. You will also find a mythical dish of pasta with lard and pecorino cheese and two main dishes which alone are worthy of the journey, stewed veal with wine sauce and rabbit chasseur. There are good desserts like custard and short pastry with sour black cherries. This is authentic food, you will enjoy well-defined tastes and the effort to present some dishes in a lighter way, yet respecting the tradition. Irene is in the kitchen whereas Gaudenzio is in the room, he will show you this nice village where people play an original game which consists in throwing a heavy whole cheese. The idea of coming here at Easter would be a happy one. All those who pass between Benevento and Campobasso, in the heart of Sannio, could spend a week end here, out of the banal routes. Presidia like this, which is similar to Pietro Zito’s in Montegrosso di Andria or Casa del Nonno 13, make the Southern Italy gastronomy unique and hand it down to new generations.

Monticello is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A nice restaurant

Hi Novella,

Quote Originally Posted by Novella
    I haven’t to add anything don't have anything to add to the review written by my friend and colleague (you can find it below). I just add All I've added (here) is a recent report which confirms Pasquale’s impressions.
    From what you write in your introductory note above, my assumption is that your review should be considered on its own merits, independent of anything your friend, Pasquale, may have already written. Before stepping into any detailed edits, corrections, and suggestions, please let me give you my very first impression here:

Your style of your writing reads well, and is well-suited for your topic -- a restaurant review. Something for you to consider in the broad plan: Your piece is written as a single paragraph that discusses multiple ideas. By doing so, you impose upon your reader a task that you, as the writer of this piece, should assume, i.e., logically dividing your piece into a series of separate ideas and developing these ideas into a series of paragraphs, with each paragraph devoted to its own topic of discussion.

Below, without changing anything with the original ordering of piece, and based upon where you have chosen to branch to a new topic, I've simply divided your writing into four separate paragraphs. This is only a quick fix. For a finished piece, you should reconsider the review's overall organization and the development of each paragraph within that ordered plan.

With a good word-processor, much of this task becomes one of cutting and pasting your original text. But notice also that the third division below (it's really not yet a paragraph) is only one sentence. Yet this sentence, which talks about the restaurant's division of labor between Irene and Gaudenzio (husband & wife???), demands more discussion, and so easily may be developed into a paragraph that stands on its own.

This link: Paragraphs offers some very good advice that I'm sure will be of help to you in this regard. Good luck!

Your original piece follows with the divisions I've mentioned above:

This restaurant is like a “library” including a wide range of tastes, high quality products and extraordinary biodiversities like dried liver sausage, salamis, ricotta in a wicker basket and matured cheese like “laticauda” pecorino cheese. Here you will find well-prepared dishes which remind us of the best traditional recipes from the Southern Italy Apennines: cheese and egg balls, tasty, raw julienne zucchinis with a light sauce, good “paccheri” pasta with dried cod, cooked bread with broccoli which reminds us of Berardino’s traditional dishes and the times when peasants didn’t have pasta and for this reason got carbohydrates from bread, dried bread and dry bagels.

You will also find a mythical dish of pasta with lard and pecorino cheese and two main dishes which alone are worthy of the journey, stewed veal with wine sauce and rabbit chasseur. There are good desserts like custard and short pastry with sour black cherries. This is authentic food, you will enjoy well-defined tastes and the effort to present some dishes in a lighter way, yet respecting the tradition.

Irene is in the kitchen whereas Gaudenzio is in the room, he will show you this nice village where people play an original game which consists in throwing a heavy whole cheese.

The idea of coming here at Easter would be a happy one. All those who pass between Benevento and Campobasso, in the heart of Sannio, could spend a week end here, out of the banal routes. Presidia like this, which is similar to Pietro Zito’s in Montegrosso di Andria or Casa del Nonno 13, make the Southern Italy gastronomy unique and hand it down to new generations.
    Last edited by Monticello; 13-Apr-2009 at 21:50.

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS A LOT for your precious help!

Yes, Gaudenzio and Irene are husband and wife!

Best regards,

Novella

Keralite is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Malayalam
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Novella;462831]Please could you tell me if it is correct?

Thank you!

Hi Novella

I am not able to help you with my comments or corrections in this paragraph. But I would like to tell you that it is a very interesting and worth review . Thanks for giving the members some idea about the Italian dishes and Italians interests in authentic restaurants and tasty food stuffs .

Thanks and regards
    Last edited by Keralite; 14-Apr-2009 at 19:02.

Post Thanks / Like

You are welcome!

Monticello is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Novella View Post
    THANKS A LOT for your precious help!

Yes, Gaudenzio and Irene are husband and wife!

Best regards,

Novella
    My pleasure Novella.

Sounds like an interesting restaurant. Is their menu typical for a restaurant in that part of Italy?