MasterOrc is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pls.. correct my letter

Informal letter to my friend
    ---------------------------------

Hi Peter, thanks so much for your letter, a surprise party is a great idea and I'm sure that Anna will love it. You are right, your house doesn't have enough space and it is a good choice to book the Majestic Hotel and give the party there, but you might find it expensive and if you do, just get in touch with some friends and see another place to have the party.
    It is quite difficult to think in a present for her, but she told me once that she want to go to Brazil, so we can think about it.
    I Know that you need help with the preparations the day before the party, but unfortunately I will be busy, I have so much to do at work.
    I would suggest you to call your brother, he is a good DJ, and you know how much Anna likes electronic music.
    I hope everything get well.

Best Wishes,
    Michael

-------------------------
    Im new in this forum ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pls.. correct my letter

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Peter

Thanks so much for your letter. A surprise party is a great idea and I'm sure (that)(this is optional - I'd omit it.) Anna will love it. You are(more informal to use the contraction:) You're right - your house doesn't have enough space and (it is) it's a good choice to book the Majestic Hotel and give the party there. But you might find it expensive, and if you do, just get in touch with some friends and see about another place to have the party.
    (It is) It's quite difficult to think in of a present for her, but she told me once that she wanted to go to Brazil, so we (can**) could think about it that.
    I know that you need help with the preparations the day before the party, but unfortunately I will be busy - I have so much to do at work.
    I would suggest you to call your brother. (he is) He's a good DJ, and you know how much Anna likes electronic music.
    I hope everything get goes well.

Best wishes,
    Michael

** if it was just you who was going to think more about the present, and Brazil, then 'can'. But you write 'so we (can/could) think about that'. Using 'could' does not preempt any ideas that Peter might come up with about how to decide about the present. In short, rather than telling him flatly 'we can', you are making it more a polite suggestion.

VERY GOOD ENGLISH. The red is just polishing it a little.

MasterOrc is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pls.. correct my letter

ty ^^
    in June I will try FCE (first certificate in english).. so I'm improving my Writing

Cambridge here I go xD

kirsten is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Pls.. correct my letter

Hi Peter

Thanks so much for your letter. A surprise party is a great idea and I'm sure (that)(this is optional - I'd omit it.) Anna will love it. You are(more informal to use the contraction:) You're right - your house doesn't have enough space and (it is) it's a good choice to book the Majestic Hotel and give the party there. But you might find it expensive, and if you do, just get in touch with some friends and see about another place to have the party.
    (It is) It's quite difficult to think in of a present for her, but she told me once that she wanted to go to Brazil, so we (can**) could think about it that.
    I know that you need help with the preparations the day before the party, but unfortunately I will be busy - I have so much to do at work.
    I would suggest you to call your brother. (he is) He's a good DJ, and you know how much Anna likes electronic music.
    I hope everything get goes well.

Best wishes,
    Michael

GREAT