April 17, 2009

This cover letter is regarding the Production Assistant position for Late Night. It is difficult to convey how I found my path in journalism. Working hard to put myself through school, it was no easy task. That pursuit may cause pain and even feel meaningless at times. However, for me, it came into focus once I was honest with myself. This was when my purpose in television presented itself. My education coupled with my professional background provides me with a solid foundation for a career in broadcast television. I would be a great contributor to the production and creative services necessary for quality content; content involving everything from live guests to special events based on the current political views and popular demands of the audience. Television is not just a form of entertainment, but a way to communicate with everyday people.

While at the University of Colorado I gained an appetite for anything entertainment. Subsequently, I secured admittance to two extraordinarily ambitious Bachelor degree programs in journalism and film. I chose the direction of journalism and filmmaking because multi-media allow me to see colorful experiences through the people and places that make life exceptional. Through these skilled efforts, I value my aptitude to communicate with others and I find nothing more powerful than the potential people have to impart cultural mores and ideas across any boundary.

My production position with WCCB/Fox Charlotte and past internships, such as Live with Regis & Kelly, provide me with a common sense approach to the production of commercial television. The producers and directors I have worked with have given me a strong understanding of the power of media and my role in the production. I try to learn something new with every opportunity. I know it takes many hours in such an intensive field, and my attached resume shows that I am capable of producing quality work under stressful conditions.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you need further information, please contact me at XXX or by email at EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead. I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

XXX