• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Listening to the Blue Danube

Hello! Could you please proofread the writing of mine as below at your convenience? I just wrote it out for nothing. Thank you!

Listening to the Blue Danube

I am listening to the Blue Danube composed by Johann Strauss Jr. I don't remember how many times I've listened to it. It is easy to understand, to sense, to imagine for me comparing to other complex symphonic works. It is not related to any religious or political subjects but the beautiful secene of nature, so it makes me relaxed. In my imagination, she is a blue-eyed young lady dressing in light blue. Sometimes she is serene; sometimes she is hilarious. She carresses rocks, smiles at people on the banks, greets the birds passing by. Flowing, flowing, she is always running forward without care.

There're also other musical works I love about rivers - the Yellow River Cantata (China) and Old Man River (the US). They're so heavy. The Blue Danube is very soothing. She is so beautiful and amazing.
    Last edited by thedaffodils; 18-Apr-2009 at 09:24.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Listening to the Blue Danube

Before you make these changes, please take into account that I'm not a teacher. So I made suggestions based on misspellings and tense issues I noticed. I think there are some punctuation issues, but I'm not 100% sure on those - so I will leave them for someone who knows for sure.

I am listening to the Blue Danube composed by Johann Strauss Jr. I don't remember how many times I've listened to it. It is easy to understand, to sense, to imagine for me comparing compared to other complex symphonic works. It is not related to any religious or political subjects but the beautiful secene scene of nature, so it makes me relaxed. "relaxes me" sounds more natural. In my imagination, she is a blue-eyed young lady dressing dressed in light blue. Sometimes she is serene; sometimes she is hilarious. She carresses caresses rocks, smiles at people on the banks, greets the birds passing by. Flowing, flowing, she is always running forward without care.

There're This isn't a proper contraction. More appropriate would be "There are". also other musical works I love about rivers - the Yellow River Cantata (China) and Old Man River (the US). They're so heavy. The Blue Danube is very soothing. She is so beautiful and amazing.

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Listening to the Blue Danube

Hello Garmar,

Thank you very much for your comment and corrections.