Hi,

I want to apply for an engineer position in Switzerland.

And I would really appreciate that somebody correct my grammar and words choice.

As it is my first jobsearch, every advice is welcome too !

Thanks

Dinka

RESUME

Nationality : French
Marital status : Single

Job application : Engineer Cigarette Modeling

Dear Madam / Dear Sir,

To utilize mathematics to develop less unhealthy cigarettes and thus contribute to solve one of the world's major public health problems represents a real opportunity for a mechanical engineer wanting to take up challenges in a dynamic work environment. Therefore I am sending you my application.

I recently obtained my engineering degree in mechanics, and I have always been very interested in the combination of mathematics with programming. Throughout my studies, I had the opportunity of participating in various projects, which increased my abilites to understand, assimilate new concepts and visualize solutions creatively.And I learned working independantly as well as collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.

Furthermore, as QA engineer during an internship, I was in charge of several different assignements : developping quality system processes and procedures, establishing products realization plannings and providing expertise on quality techniques. I thus improved my analytical skills.

I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss how I may further the goals of your company. I am looking forward to hearing you soon.

Yours faithfully,

OBJECTIVE
To apply my academic knowledges, share my strong interest in mathematics, and obtain a post as an modeling/simulation engineer with opportunities for professional growth and advancement.

EDUCATION
---- 2005-2009 ---- ENSMM engineering degree, major in Materials
Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Mécanique et des Microtechniques, Besançon, France
(National Graduate School of Mechanics and Microtechnics)
* Last year specialization : Calculations and simulation by finished elements
* Second year specialization : Object-Oriented Programming
* Student Projects :
+ Scientific computing : - MEMS Resonance Frequency Adjustement by Electrostatic Pre-Stress
- Potentiometric Titrage Modeling.
+ Product Design : - Semi automatic fish hook setting assembly ;
- Pulverulent medicament inhalation device providing accurate dose.

---- 2005-2009 ---- Classe prépartoires aux grandes écoles
Lycée Victor Hugo, Besançon, France
Specialization in mathematics and physics
(A two years intensive program preparing for the national competitive entrance examination to French engineering schools)

---- 1999-2002 ---- Baccalauréat Scientifique, with first class honors.
Lycée Xavier Marmier, France
(High School Diploma with advanced placement courses in Mathematics)

WORK EXPERIENCE
---- C3D-Précision, Belfort - Pontarlier, France ---- Février - Juillet 2008
End of Study Project - QA engineer
* Investigated operational problems affecting production and dealt with them by implementing Kaizen and SMED
* Indentified customers's and unique products requirements
* Identified, corrected and prevented occurences of nonconformities
- Results :
* Reduced changeover time by 20 %
* Created and documented AQ system (manufacturing documentation, procedures)

---- Gurtner SA, Pontarlier, France ---- Février - Juillet 2007
Internship period - R&D engineer
* Identified and prioritized environmental impacts
* Implemented EMS and incorporated it to IMS (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS integrated management system)
* Provided technical solutions to reduce significant environmental impacts of products and processes
- Results :
* ISO 14001 certification obtained in April 2008
* Wrote a guide on how to integrate environmental aspects into product design and development for R&D engineers

---- Gurtner SA, Pontarlier, France ---- Juillet 2006
Internship period - Fitter
* Assemblied carburetors

LANGUAGES
French : native speaker
English : fluent, C1 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), Toeic : 845 points
German : intermediate level, B1/B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)

COMPUTER SKILLS
Microsoft Office, Open Office, Internet
Scientific Computing : Matlab, Maple, Mathematica
Programming languages: C/C++, Shell, LaTeX
CAD/CAE (basic knowledges) : Catia V5, SolidWorks, AutoCad, Ansys

INTERESTS
Sports : running, cross country ski
Biodynamic gardening
Member of student association (microShell) in which a car is being designed