• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a ghost in my possession I can appear him whenever I want to." correct?

My dear and respected teachers,
    1: "Don't throw the rice on the floor." OR "Don't drop the rice on the ground."
    2: In BrE 'on' is used "I punched him on the stomach." And in AmE 'in' is used "I punched him in the stomach." ?
    3: "I have a ghost in my possession I can appear him whenever I want to." correct?
    4: "Which players of Pakistan cricket team do you like.? OR "Which players of Pakistani cricket team do you like.? Which one is correct?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I have a ghost in my possession I can appear him whenever I want to." correct?

Quote Originally Posted by twilit1988 View Post
    My dear and respected teachers,
    1: "Don't throw the rice on the floor." OR "Don't drop the rice on the ground." context is all - if a child throws his food about, then #1 is correct; if a cook drops the ingredients of a meal on the floor, then #2 is correct/
    2: In BrE 'on' is used "I punched him on the stomach." And in AmE 'in' is used "I punched him in the stomach." ? As far as I am aware, "in the stomach" in both places
    3: "I have a ghost in my possession I can appear him whenever I want to." correct? Interesting statement. "i control a ghost and I can make him appear whenever I want."
    4: "Which players of Pakistan cricket team do you like.? OR "Which players of Pakistani cricket team do you like.? Which one is correct? "Which players on the Pakistani cricket team do you like?

BobK is offline Harmless drudge
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I have a ghost in my possession I can appear him whenever I want to." correct?

3: "I have a ghost in my possession I can appear him whenever I want to." correct? Interesting statement. "I control a ghost and I can make him appear whenever I want."
    ... and it's even more interesting, because the idea of "possession" works the other way. Until about a hundred years ago many Christians used to account for madness by saying the sufferer was 'possessed by the Devil'; some still do. And people who are intent on something to the exclusion of other thoughts are behaving 'like one possessed'.

b