lorainne0707 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Should we teach our children about international affairs in schools?

Please help me correct the mistakes that I made in this essay! Thank you in advance!

Should we teach our children about international affairs in schools? Some people say it will waste their time. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.

Education is a major key to a country's success. Therefore many countries are increasingly concerned about their educational system. Many people believe that childhood is the most adequate period to start teaching children about international affairs. In my opinion, there is a perfect time for anything in our lives; there are things that should be studied at early ages and things that regard only adults, international affairs being one of them.

To begin with, childhood has its own role in a child's development. Activities like reading, learning poetry by heart help enormously to develop children's imagination and memory. Moreover, mathematics improves their organizational skills and helps them to think logically. Not to forget sports, which have their implications in a child's physical development.

Secondly, even though international affairs is a very debated subject nowadays, I tend to believe that common knowledge linked to this issue can be achieved by watching the proper TV programs or reading newspapers. For example, there are many children who wish to become musicians or sportsmen. They focus on these activities, because as everyone knows, both music and sport require much work, devotion and sacrifice. Adding a new subject such as international affairs to their curriculum would be a waste of their precious time.

On the other hand,not all children are able to take wise decisions and focussing only on subjects of their interest could lead to a society full of narrow-minded people, unable to participate in a debate on an actuality subject.

Taking all these points into consideration, I firmly believe that international affairs should not be studied in schools. However, children ought to have a clear vision about nowadays' society, which can be achieved by watching TV and reading newspapers.

Searching for language is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Should we teach our children about international affairs in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by lorainne0707 View Post
    Please help me correct the mistakes that I made in this essay! Thank you in advance!

Should we teach our children about international affairs in schools? Some people say it will waste their time. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.

Education is a major key to a country's success. Therefore many countries are increasingly concerned about their educational system. Many people believe that childhood is the most adequate best period to start teaching children about international affairs. In my opinion, there is a perfect time for anything in our lives; there are things that should be studied at early ages and things that regard only adults, international affairs being one of them.

To begin with, childhood has its own role in a child's development. Activities like reading, learning poetry by heart help enormously to develop children's imagination and memory. Moreover, mathematics improves their organizational skills and helps them to think logically. Not to forget sports, which have their implications in a child's physical development.

Secondly, even though international affairs is a very debated subject nowadays, I tend to believe that common knowledge linked to this issue can be achieved by watching the proper TV programs or reading newspapers. For example, there are many children who wish to become musicians or sportsmen. They focus on these activities, because as everyone knows, both music and sport require much work, devotion and sacrifice. Adding a new subject such as international affairs to their curriculum would be a waste of their precious time.

On the other hand,not all children are able to take make wise decisions, and focussing only on subjects of their interest could lead to a society full of narrow-minded people, unable to participate in a debate on an actuality subject.

Taking all these points into consideration, I firmly believe that international affairs should not be studied in schools. However, children ought to have a clear vision about nowadays' today's society, which can be achieved by watching TV and reading newspapers.

Delete the underlined, replace with the red.

I am not a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Should we teach our children about international affairs in schools?

Thanks a lot!

learn is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a new learner, at school and here. Is this essay qualified to be a compare contrast essay? If you agree in one point, then you have to elaborate the disagreement in the body? Of course, there must be a thesis statment in the introduction. Am I right?

Post Thanks / Like

this is what our English teacher taught us; that an opinion essay should also discuss the opposite issue. I don't know....