how to refuse an invitation ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolishEeyore

Member Type
Student or Learner
Dear colleagues,

I have to reply for a formal invitation. I prepare three different refuse answer but I do not know which will be the best for the really important event.

first option

Dear Mrs Alison Hope,

Thank you very much for your invitation to your business dinner. I was very pleased to receive it. Unfortunately, I have already promised to attend to another meeting, so I will not be able to accept your invitation. Please accept my apologies.

Yours sincerely,

second option
Dear Mrs Alison Hope,

I am very sorry that because of a previous commitment I am unable to accept your kind invitation to your business dinner. Please accept my apologies.

Yours sincerely,

third option
Dear Mrs Alison Hope,

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your invitation to your business dinner. I regret that my schedule for this day prevents me from accepting your invitation. I do hope that you may wish to keep me posted regarding future occurrence. Please accept my apologies.

Yours sincerely,

Please give me some advice,

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Dear Mrs Hope,

Thank you for your kind invitation to your business dinner. Unfortunately a previous engagement means that I am unable to accept. I do hope that I may be able to attend some other dinner.

Yours sincerely,

xxx

PolishEeyore

Member Type
Student or Learner
Dear Mrs Hope,

Thank you for your kind invitation to your business dinner. Unfortunately a previous engagement means that I am unable to accept. I do hope that I may be able to attend some other dinner.

Yours sincerely,

xxx

Anglika , thank you very much for your help. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.