Anthony_346 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Polish conversation class 1 on 1 with an adult please help

Hello.
    First please let me introduce myself, my name is Anthony and i recently moved to Poland from England. I have no teaching qualifications but i took up a native speaker job and now teach English to polish students. Teaching the children i find fun and interesting but recently i got assigned an adult for one to one conversation class. He's very good and is upper intermediate level. My first lesson went well and we talked and i found it very enjoyable, however it was an hour and a half long and we really were running out of things to talk about. I am teaching him again today and am curious of any topics or exercises you may know of to help me keep the lesson/conversation flowing?
    Please help
    Anthony

Elzbieta is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Polish conversation class 1 on 1 with an adult please help

Hi
    I used to work in Poland too with a variety of students including adults. Most of these adults wanted conversation classes so I found it useful to buy English newspapers and use the articles as a basis for discussion. It meant the topics were up to date, related to the UK and I could also pick out useful vocabulary related to the topic. Magazines can also be used - they are widely available in Poland.

Hope that gives you some ideas! Best of luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Polish conversation class 1 on 1 with an adult please help

Hi Anthony,
    I was interested to read that you are doing I to I teaching of English in Poland which is what I wish to do rather than teach groups.I have a TESOL qualification.
    If you could send me any information or links re teaching individuals in Poland I would be very grateful.

With thanks,
    Nikki Clunies-Ross