Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. mr.vi.et's Avatar

    • Join Date: Oct 2008
    • Posts: 44
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    Please corret my writing [Daily]

    I'm training writing skill, could I post my all daily writing here, or I must create different threads?

    My first sentence. Please correct me and improve it if necessary. My hesitation about word choosing is writed as word1/word2/word3... Plz also choose the correct word for me (or provide your recommendation)

    1. Parent are who have the most insight/perception/penetration of their children. ( I mean parent understand the children throughly)
    2. The passion for learning of children springs from inquisitiveness.
    3. For adolescent, the care of parent often brings them uncomfortable feeling while the consolation and encouragement from friends make them heartened.
    4. When growing up, the adjustment of children is mainly caused by the influence of their friends and friendships.
    5. The overuse of computer will harm you eyes severely because of the excessive exposure to radiation.
    6. People who have experienced abuse in childhood have tendency to be criminal or wicked.
    Last edited by mr.vi.et; 10-May-2009 at 06:16.


    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 1,159
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: Please corret my writing [Daily]

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.vi.et View Post
    I'm training writing skill, could I post my all daily writing here, or I must create different threads?

    My first sentence. Please correct me and improve it if necessary. My hesitation about word choosing is writed as word1/word2/word3... Plz also choose the correct word for me (or provide your recommendation)

    1. Parent are who have the most insight/perception/penetration of their children. ( I mean parent understand the children throughly)

    Hello mr.vi.et,

    I recommend that you start one thread for one topic.

    What about "Parents who understand their children's feelings"?
    Last edited by Daruma; 09-May-2009 at 20:10.

  2. mr.vi.et's Avatar

    • Join Date: Oct 2008
    • Posts: 44
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: Please corret my writing [Daily]

    Quote Originally Posted by Daruma View Post
    Hello mr.vi.et,

    I recommend that you start one thread for one topic.

    What about "Parents who understand their children's feelings"?
    I mean they understand their feelings the most.
    But could I use insight/perception/penetration ? Is this accurate?


    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 1,159
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: Please corret my writing [Daily]

    Parents who have great insight into their children's feelings
    Parents who have extraordinary powers of perception for their children

  3. mr.vi.et's Avatar

    • Join Date: Oct 2008
    • Posts: 44
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: Please corret my writing [Daily]

    Quote Originally Posted by Daruma View Post
    Parents who have great insight into their children's feelings
    Parents who have extraordinary powers of perception for their children
    I think that "powers of perception" seems to be not the same meaning of insight, isn't it?

  4. mr.vi.et's Avatar

    • Join Date: Oct 2008
    • Posts: 44
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: Please corret my writing [Daily]

    Ive updated to the 5th sentence. Please help me, teachers, everyone. I need your help to boost my writing skill.
    Last edited by mr.vi.et; 10-May-2009 at 06:01.


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,448
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: Please corret my writing [Daily]

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.vi.et View Post
    Ive updated to the 5th sentence. Please help me, teachers, everyone. I need your help to boost my writing skill.
    This is why it is better to start a new thread for new sentences. We do not have time to read through each post every time, and if you do update your original post, you need to highlight your changes so we can see what you have done.

Similar Threads

  1. Where to start improving my English writing
    By Callisto in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-Feb-2010, 07:32
  2. [Essay] Check my Essay pls
    By YumzxA1 in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-Dec-2008, 07:12
  3. Need advice on improving writing style
    By musicgold in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-Jun-2008, 21:35
  4. How the Creative Writing Process Works
    By huda23 in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-May-2008, 03:37
  5. editing
    By hashem in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-Jan-2008, 01:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •