Anyway, Gordon from Scotland? Brown?
The verb call has four forms:
call - base form
called - past tense form, past participle and passive participle form (used in compound tenses, voices, or as a modifier (adjective)
calling - present participle
calls - singular 3rd person inflection
1. The base form (call) may be either finite or the other:
Call me! -- finite
He may call me. -- non finite
2. calls -- show person and tense -- finite
3. The past tense called is finite: He called me.
4. The past participle and passive participle are non-finite:
He has called me.
He was called.
5. calling - present participle (non-finite):
He was calling.
Calling him early, I found him at home.
6. calls --singular 3rd person inflection '-s', finite:
- For Teachers