Thread: I'm talking to

Unregistered Guest

Default I'm talking to

Dear teachers.

I would like to know the reason why he(A man) said " I'm talking to my wife"
    In the end of the next story

A man needed to call home, but the only pay phone he could find was in use. So, he stood to the side and waited until it was free, thinking it would only be a couple of minutes.
    Five minutes went by, and still the man was on the phone. He was just standing there holding the phone to his year but not saying a word.
    Ten minutes later, he was still not talking.
    Fifteen minutes later, he still wasn't talking.
    Finally, the waiting man tapped the guy on the shoulder and asked if he could use the phone. "I really won't be long and I really need to make a short, but important call."
    "Hold your horses," responded the man using the pay phone, covering the receiver. "I'm talking to my wife."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm talking to

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Dear teachers.

I would like to know the reason why he(A man) said " I'm talking to my wife"
    In the end of the next story

A man needed to call home, but the only pay phone he could find was in use. So, he stood to the side and waited until it was free, thinking it would only be a couple of minutes.
    Five minutes went by, and still the man was on the phone. He was just standing there holding the phone to his year but not saying a word.
    Ten minutes later, he was still not talking.
    Fifteen minutes later, he still wasn't talking.
    Finally, the waiting man tapped the guy on the shoulder and asked if he could use the phone. "I really won't be long and I really need to make a short, but important call."
    "Hold your horses," responded the man using the pay phone, covering the receiver. "I'm talking to my wife."
    I think there is some humor in this little story...when a husband "talks" to his wife, it's usually a one way conversation - it means that a woman usually does all the talking and the poor guy just listens. Women are good at talking and the joke is about the word "talking". Husbands don't talk to wives...they listen and do what they tell them to do or he is in trouble. I am only guessing that that's what it's all about.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm talking to

I agree with Marylin. It's a play on words. "talking" means, listening. Wives are known to be nags, husbands dutiful servants. The man appears to be doing nothing because his wife is doing all the talking. "Hold your horses, I'm talking to my wife" implies, I don't know when she is going to stop talking, so you'd better go find another phone.